Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Wikoryl Af Oral Drop contains a combination of Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic and Phenylephrine is a decongestant. Wikoryl Af Oral Drop is used for temporary r
elief in common cold and allergic rhinitis. It helps in improving symptoms like runny and stuffed nose, sneezing and throat irritation. This medicine should not be used in patients with heart-related problems. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor for maximum benefits and avoid using it for a prolonged duration when not required....
Uses of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
Wikoryl Af Oral Drop is used for the symptomatic treatment of common cold and allergic rhinitis
Contraindications of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
- If you are allergic to Chlorpheniramine or Phenylephrine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have taken medicines for brain disorders such as rasagiline in the last 14 days
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease
- If you have diabetes, increased pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma)
- If you are suffering from the overactive thyroid gland and breathing problems like bronchitis
- If you experience difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate gland
Side effects of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
Can I take Wikoryl Af Oral Drop during pregnancy?
Wikoryl Af Oral Drop may affecduring pregnancy and it should be used if prescribed by a doctor. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks. Do not self medicate this Oral Drop in cough and cold.
Can I take Wikoryl Af Oral Drop while breastfeeding?
A component of Wikoryl Af Oral Drop passes into the breastmilk. So it is recommended not to consume it unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wikoryl Af Oral Drop?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision after taking Wikoryl Af Oral Drop. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Wikoryl Af Oral Drop?
Alcohol intake can make you feel more drowsy or sleepy. It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with Wikoryl Af Oral Drop.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are already taking medicines for psychiatric illness, as it can enhance drowsiness
- You are experiencing drowsiness, nervousness.
- You don't feel any improvement in your symptoms within a week.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have asthma or any airway obstruction problems.
- You have a kidney or liver disease.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have a history of tumour in the adrenal gland.
- You have a blockage in your stomach and intestine.
Mode of Action of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
- Wikoryl Af Oral Drop works by combined action of its two components chlorpheneramine and phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and impoves allergic symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, throat irritation....Read more
- Phenylephrine acts is an vasoconsrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessles in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
- Take Wikoryl Af Oral Drop as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not consume this medicine directly from bottle
- Read any special instruction on the package
Interactions of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders or psychiatric illness should not be used with Wikoryl Af as it can lead to a risk of heart-related side effects or increased blood pressure.
- Wikoryl Af can reduce the effectiveness of high blood pressure medicines and can increase blood pressure abruptly.
- Wikoryl Af should not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart failure such as digoxin as it can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat or heart attack.
- Phenytoin and ergot containing medicines should not be consumed along with Wikoryl Af as it can lead to toxicity.
- Other medicines like medicines to induce sleep or anti-anxiety medicines and ceratin painkillers should be used as it can induce sedation.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
- Store Wikoryl Af Oral Drop between 20°- 25°C
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Wikoryl Af Drops 15ml
- Symptoms of overdose of Wikoryl Af Oral Drop may include irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, fits or you may sometimes pass out.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Wikoryl Af Oral Drop, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a
double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: Take Wikoryl Af Oral Drop as per the prescribed dosage duration by your doctor as this medicine can cause dizziness or sleepiness. So do not give this medicine to induce sleep to the children.
Q: Any precautions do I need to take while taking Wikoryl Af Oral Drop?
A: Do not consume alcohol or any other cough medicines along with Wikoryl Af Oral Drop. It can lead to excessive dizziness or sleepiness. Caution is recommended while driving or operating machinery.
Q: Can I take Wikoryl Af Oral Drop, if I have high blood pressure?
A: Wikoryl Af Oral Drop is not recommended for patients having high blood pressure as it can increase your blood pressure abruptly and can also reduce the effectiveness of high blood pressure medicines.
Q: Can I give Wikoryl Af Oral Drop to my 2 months old baby?
A: No, Wikoryl Af Oral Drop should not be used in children below 6 months of age. Also, you should always consult a child specialist before giving any medicine to your baby as their organs are very delicate and sensitive.
Q: What is the use of Wikoryl Af Oral Drop?
A: Wikoryl Af Oral Drop is used for relieving common cold and allergic rhinitis with the symptoms of throat pain, sneezing, runny or stuffed nose.
Q: Can I give Wikoryl Af Oral Drop to my 2 year old baby for fever?
A: Wikoryl Af Oral Drop should not be used to treat fever. It helps in relieving symptoms of common cold without fever. Always consult your doctor before giving any medicine to your child.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹15.96 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cold, allergic rhinitis|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, headache, vomiting, weakness|
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved