Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
100ml Expectorant in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant is a combination medicine containing - Bromhexine, Guaifenesin and Terbutaline. It is used in the management of wet cough due to asthma and infection of airways
, lungs, and throat such as bronchitis. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, spasm, mucous build-up, wheezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. Bromhexine is a mucolytic agent, Guaifenesin is an expectorant and Terbutaline is a bronchodilator. Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant works by thinning, liquefying, and loosening the mucus and makes expulsion easy. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier. Nausea, vomiting, headache and dizziness are some common side effects associated with the use of this medicine, these are temporary and go away on their own. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition then consult with your doctor....
Uses of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
The Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant is used to manage wet cough associated with bronchial asthma, infection or inflammation in the lungs, throat and airways.
Contraindications of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- If you are allergic to Guaifenesin, Terbutaline, Bromhexine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have heart-related problems like heart failure and high blood pressure
- If you have diabetes or overactive thyroid gland
- If you have a liver or kidney function problem
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women
- If you have seizures and tremors
Side effects of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Irregular heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Can I take Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant during pregnancy?
It is not advised to take Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant during pregnancy. Your doctor can prescribe you this if required and the potential benefit outweighs the risk to the foetus.
Can I take Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant?
It can cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant?
Alcohol intake, along with this medicine, can make you more drowsy or dizzy. Try to avoid alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergies after taking this syrup.
- You have a history of asthma, peptic ulcers, liver or kidney disorder.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have any heart problems like irregular heartbeat or heart failure.
- You have a history of fits, seizures or tremors.
- You have diabetes, overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low potassium level in your blood.
- If you are already taking any other medicines for cough.
- This medicine should not be given to the children.
Mode of Action of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
How Does It Work?
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier....Read more
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant, it helps in thinning the mucus in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways.
- Bromhexine helps in reducing the mucous by boosting the production of phlegm in the respiratory tract and aids to make the mucus thinner and less sticky. Therefore, it makes the expulsion of cough easier....Read more
Directions for Use of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Take Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant as prescribed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring cup or spoon
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle
Interactions of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant along with Theophylline used to treat asthma and Propranolol, Atenolol and other similar medicines of this class used to treat high blood pressure is not advised....Read more
- Medicines used for the treatment of psychiatric disorders and other medicines used for brain disorders such as Desipramine, Selegiline, Amitriptyline etc. should be used cautiously.
- Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant should be used with caution in corticosteroids like Prednisone (used to treat inflammation), Acetazolamide (used to prevent altitude sickness), water pills suchas Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide (used to treat high blood pressure)....Read more
- Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant should not be combined with cough suppressants as it may alter the action of this medicine
- Medicines used to treat an eye condition called glaucoma including eye drops and medicines to treat asthma or other respiratory disorders may interact with the action of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
The symptoms of an overdose of Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant include abdominal pain, nausea, dry mouth, fits, fast heartbeat and drowsiness. In case of an overdose, reach out to your doctor
immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dosage to comp
ensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before starting Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant?
- Consult with your doctor if you are suffering from a stomach ulcer or have a history of stomach ulcer
- Do inform your doctor in case you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Consult your doctor before giving this syrup to a child
Q: Can I take Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant for dry cough?
A: This syrup is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucus (phlegm), increasing airway secretions, and relaxing the airways so that the mucus is released, liquefy, and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. Consult your doctor for more information on which medicine/syrup to be taken for dry cough.
Q: Does Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, it can cause drowsiness. Avoid driving or do any work that requires concentration and attention if you experience such symptoms.
Q: Can we give Tuspel Plus Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant to elderly patients?
A: Elderly patients are more prone to the side effects of this medicine. Also, conditions like glaucoma, prostate problems, liver and kidney diseases are more prevalent in the elderly population, aggravating the side effects of this medicine. Therefore, always consult a doctor before giving it to elderly patients.
- HPRA. SmPC. Bisolvon Oral Solution. [Accessed on 14-Oct.2020] (online)
- NPRA. Terbutaline Syrup. PIL. [Accessed on 14-Oct.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 14-Oct.2020] (online)
- Medline Plus. Terbutaline. [Accessed on 14-Oct.2020] (online)
- Bromhexine.Com. [Accessed on 14-Oct.2020] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 09 Aug 2021 | 07:33 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved