Torrelax Syp 200ml
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
200ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Torrelax Syrup is used to treat constipation. It contains lactilol as its main component. Torrelax works by allowing water into the intestine making stool soft and easy to pass out from the body. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Torrelax Syrup may cause some side effects such as stomach discomfort, cramps and gas, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor....
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Torrelax Syp 200ml
Uses of Torrelax 66.6 %
- Torrelax Syrup is used in the treatment of constipation.
- It is also used to prevent hepatic encephalopathy - a decline in the brain function which occurs due to liver disease.
Contraindications of Torrelax 66.6 %
- If you are allergic to lactilol or any other ingredients of Torrelax Syrup.
- If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction (blockage in your intestine).
- If you are suffering from galactosaemia (a metabolic disorder that affects how the body processes galactose).
Side effects of Torrelax 66.6 %
- Stomach discomfort
- Abdominal cramps
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Torrelax 66.6 %
Can I take Torrelax Syrup during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before consuming Torrelax Syrup as limited study has been done during pregnancy.
Can I take Torrelax Syrup while breastfeeding?
Due to limited study of Torrelax Syrup while breastfeeding it is recommended to consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Torrelax Syrup?
Torrelax Syrup usuallly does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Torrelax Syrup?
There is limited information about the effects of Torrelax Syrup with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop diarrhoea or watery stools while on treatment with Torrelax Syrup.
- You need to undergo electro cauterisation procedures.
- You develop an allergic reaction or side effects after taking this medicine.
- It is not recommended in the case of ileostomy (surgical operation in the ileum).
- Do not use it for a prolonged duration without consulting the doctor.
Mode of Action of Torrelax 66.6 %
How Does It Work?
Torrelax Syrup works by making stool pass easily from the body when water is allowed into the intestine.
Directions for Use of Torrelax 66.6 %
- Take Torrelax Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Patients should maintain an adequate daily fluid intake.
Interactions of Torrelax 66.6 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Torrelax Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking water pills, steroids, antibiotics, anacids, carbenoxolone, amphotericin B, digitalis, neomycin.
Storage and disposal of Torrelax 66.6 %
- Store Torrelax Syrup in a cool and dry place.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Torrelax 66.6 %
- Symptoms of overdose are diarrhoea and abdominal cramps. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much Torrelax Syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking Torrelax Syrup during the course then take it immediately. But if it's time to take another dose then skip the missed dose and take it normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Torrelax Syrup work?
A: Torrelax Syrup works by allowing water into the intestine, thus making stool soft and easy to pass out from the body.
Q: What is Torrelax Syrup used for?
A: Torrelax Syrup is used in the treatment of constipation and prevent hepatic encephalopathy.
Q: Can we drink water after Torrelax Syrup?
A: Yes, you can drink water after taking Torrelax Syrup. In fact, you should maintain an adequate daily fluid intake.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.