Telsartan Atr Tablet
Telsartan Atr Tablet Description
Telsartan Atr Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure when it exists with increased or deranged cholesterol. It contains atorvastatin and telmisartan as active ingredients. It must be taken as di
rected by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using Telsartan Atr Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and regarding the medical history.
Uses of Telsartan Atr Tablet
Contraindications of Telsartan Atr Tablet
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, telmisartan or other ingredients of Telsartan Atr Tablet.
- If you have or had any liver disease or abnormality in liver function test.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant, you may be pregnant/are planning a pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- If you have blockage of the duct that takes bile from the liver to the gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders).
- If you have diabetes or kidney disorder and you have been treated with aliskiren (a medicine used to treat high blood pressure).
Side effects of Telsartan Atr Tablet
- Body pain
Precautions and Warnings of Telsartan Atr Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease or have a kidney transplant.
- You develop muscle problems after using other lipid-lowering medicine.
- You are using the medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid.
- You have difficulty in breathing, thyroid problem, diabetes or other heart-related condition.
- You suffer from narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You develop diarrhoea, vomiting, dehydration, which results in low blood pressure. Increase intake of water and fluids.
- You suffer from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels).
Mode of Action of Telsartan Atr Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme and lowers bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and other lipids or fats in the blood. It increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
- Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body that causes the narrowing of blood vessels. It leads to an increase in blood pressure. Telmisartan prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors and causes the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Telsartan Atr Tablet
- Telsartan Atr Tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it regularly for optimal results and avoid consuming it more than that prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Telsartan Atr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Telsartan Atr Tablet works or this medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction. Inform the doctor regarding planned surgery or vaccination schedule.
- If you are using blood thinners, antibiotics, steroids, pain killers, diuretics (water pills), antacids, medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium and potassium-sparing diuretics, medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, fits, diabetes, HIV infection....
Interactions with food items
- Intake of grapefruit juice must be limited in quantity as grapefruit may alter the effect of Telsartan Atr Tablet.
- Avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli and potatoes.
Storage and disposal of Telsartan Atr Tablet
- Store at a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Telsartan Atr Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of Telsartan Atr Tablet?
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions must I follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, pickles and packaged foods like chips as they contain excess salt and must be avoided.
- Avoid food rich in potassium like spinach, broccoli or banana, fruits and potassium-containing supplements.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, have fresh-cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking.
Q: How to take Telsartan Atr Tablet?
- Take Telsartan Atr Tablet as directed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- CDSCO - Telmisartan + Atorvastatin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 May 2021]
- rRBX-ATORVASTATIN Tablets [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 27 May 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 May 2021]
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 May 2021]
- Limiting Alcohol to Manage High Blood Pressure [Internet]. www.heart.org. 2021 [cited 25 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Telsartan 40 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Telsartan Am 40 Mg Tablet
- Telsartan H 40 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Telsartan 20 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Telsartan 80 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Telsartan Ln 10 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telsartan Am 80 Mg Tablet
- Telsartan H 80 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Telsartan Am Activ 80 Mg Tablet 28 S
- Telsartan Ln 80 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets