By IPCA LABORATORIES
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Solvin Decongestant Tablet contains Phenylephrine. It works by narrowing the small blood vessels, which relieves nasal congestion. Take this medicine as your doctor's prescription. Do not use it if you are allergic to Phenylephrine, pregnant or breastfeeding. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and over-the-counter medicines you are taking before starting with Solvin tablet.
Uses of Solvin Tablet
Solvin Decongestant Tablet is used for the treatment of nasal congestion associated with fever and cold.
Contraindications of Solvin Tablet
- If you are allergic to Phenylephrine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure, high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma), diabetes or overactive thyroid.
- If you have any kind of heart-related problems.
- If you have a prostate or bladder related problem.
- If you have a tumour in the adrenal gland.
- If you have recently taken or taking medicines for psychiatric disorders.
Side effects of Solvin Tablet
- An irregular or faster heartbeat
- High blood pressure
- Nausea, vomiting
- Sometimes the difficulty in passing urine in men
Precautions and Warnings of Solvin Tablet
Can I take Solvin Decongestant Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is not safe during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, as it may lead to chances of abnormalities in the foetus. However, it is not safe for women who have a history of high blood pressure during a previous pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.read less
Can I take Solvin Decongestant Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine during breastfeeding. The doctor may suggest a safer alternative while nursing.
Can I drive if I have consumed Solvin Decongestant Tablet?
It does not affect your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Solvin Decongestant Tablet?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from a condition in which some areas of the body feel numb and cool in certain circumstances (Raynaud's Phenomenon), as caution is needed in such a condition.
- Your symptoms persist for a long time, even after taking the medicines.
Mode of Action of Solvin Tablet
How Does It Work?
Solvin Decongestant Tablet works by narrowing the blood vessels, which relieves in nasal congestion.
Directions for Use of Solvin Tablet
Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor. Take it with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Solvin Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Use of medicines to treat high blood pressure like Captopril, Enalapril, Atenolol, Metoprolol, should be avoided along with this medicine.
- Medicines used in brain diseases such as Diazepam, Alprazolam should be avoided along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of other decongestants along with this medicine may enhance heart activity.
- If you are already taking Digoxin or any other medicine to treat heart diseases and this medicine together, then there is a possibility of irregular heartbeats.
Storage and disposal of Solvin Tablet
- Store the medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in original packing
Dosage of Solvin Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose of Solvin tablet include irritability, restlessness, palpitations, rise in blood pressure, difficulty in urination, nausea, vomiting, thirst and fits.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Solvin tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this medicine?
A: Give a detailed account of your medical condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid, etc. Also, mention to your doctor all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking, before starting this medication.
Q: Is Solvin tablet safe to use?
A: Yes, The Solvin tablet is safe to use under medical supervision. However, in some patients, it may cause allergic reactions if you find any allergic reaction or there is no improvement in your condition, then consult with your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
- Solvin Decong Tab
- Solvin Decong Sugar Free Suspension 100 Ml
- Solvin Decong Sugar Free Suspension 60 Ml
- Solvin Sugar Free Bottle Of 100 Ml Cough Syrup
- Solvin Sugar Free Cough Syrup 60 Ml
- Solvin Cough Tab
- Solvin Vapocaps
- Solvin 0 65 Nasal Spray
- Solvin Cough Syp 60 Ml
- Solvin Lozenges
- Solvin 30 4 Mg Suspension 100 Ml
Last Updated on: 31 Oct 2020 | 03:29 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved