Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules is a combination of Rabeprazole and Levosulpiride, an-anti reflux medicine.
Uses of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
For the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc.
Contraindications of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are suffering from fits or have a history of fits
- If you have a mental disorder and you have difficulty in walking, balance and coordination
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Should not be given to children & elderly
Side effects of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Headache, nervousness, dizziness and sleepiness
- Diarrhoea, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, constipation, nausea and vomiting
- Abnormal movements of body parts, desire to move body parts, stiff and jerky movements of face and jaw
- Increase in breast size, abnormal milk production and absence of periods
- Low blood pressure, back pain, weakness or flu-like symptoms, sleeplessness, allergic reactions, frequent infections, skin blisters and rashes, mouth ulcers
- Nasal congestion, cough and airway blockage
Precautions and Warnings of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules during pregnancy?
- The components of this medicine might harm your unborn baby, thus should not be used during pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules while breastfeeding?
You should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness or reduced alertness after taking this medicine. Thus, you should avoid driving and operating machines in the presence of any of the symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules?
Alcohol consumption along with this medicine can cause confusion, lack of focus, anxiety and drowsiness. It is advised to avoid alcohol intake during treatment with Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience allergic reactions like skin rashes and other skin reaction
- If you have a history of allergic reaction due to similar medicine
- If you develop an infection after taking this medicine
- If you have fever, muscle rigidity and irregular heartbeats, movement problems
- If you have a history of brain tumor, fits, heart disease, lumpy breast, etc
- If you have low vitamin B12 levels, blood and liver problems, stomach bleeding, ulcers or tumor in stomach If you have any heart disease, bleeding disorders or tendency to bleed easilyread less
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
Mode of Action of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Rabeprazole blocks the secretion of acid in the stomach by acting on a pump called the proton pump in the stomach and is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Levosulpiride increases the motility of the stomach and intestine so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Take this medicine as directed by your physician
- It should be taken before food
Interactions of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like Ketoconazole or Itraconazole used to treat fungal infection, Atazanavir used in the treatment of HIV may not work properly
- Medicines used to neutralize gastric acids & to treat ulcer-like sucralfate should be taken with at least 2 hours of gap
- Your blood pressure may drop if you are taking antihypertensive medicine along with this medicine
- If you are taking medicines like Methotrexate or Tacrolimus, then levels of these can increase, causing side effects
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin. Blood clotting parameters should be monitored closely
- If you are taking medicine like Levodopa to treat a brain disorder called parkinsonism
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm with Digoxin, Atomoxetine, Cisapride, Quinine, Furosemide, steroids and stool softners
Storage and disposal of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Keep it in a cool and dry place and out of the reach of children
- Store it in a tightly closed container
Dosage of Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules
There is limited information available on what symptoms you will have if this medicine is consumed in excess. If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Levosulpiride is an antipsychotic medicine. How can it treat stomach disorders?
A: Levosulpiride is derived from a medicine called Sulpiride. Levosulpiride which is the most effective form of Sulpiride, decreases the activity of a neurotransmitter (a substance that transmits signals in the brain) called dopamine. Apart from the brain, dopamine also acts on the digestive tract. Thus, by inhibiting dopaminergic effects, levosulpiride exerts anti-emetic (prevents vomiting), antipsychotic (used to treat schizophrenia) and increases gastrointestinal motility and allowing food to pass freely through the intestines.
Q: When should I use Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules?
A: Do not take this medicine without a prescription. Do not stop taking this medicine or self-adjust the dose without the knowledge of your doctor. Inform your doctor if you have any liver problems or stopped taking this medicine for more than 5 days, before re-starting the dose.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Rablet L Strip Of 10 Capsules?
A: Levosulpiride can increase prolactin levels in the blood. In females, this may result in painful menstrual periods and discharge of milk from nipple (galactorrhea). Consult your physician if you notice any such symptoms. Taking this medicine for a prolonged period can cause bone thinning. This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 18% off + 20% cashback + Freebies up to Rs.500on your 1st medicine order
Additional Rs.150 off + Freebies up to Rs.500 on 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved