Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
2ml Solution For Injection in Ampoule
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Phenergan Injection is a medicine used for the treatment of various allergies. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergic rhinitis (runny nose, watery eyes), skin allergy (urticaria) and allergic conj
unctivitis (watery or red eyes). It contains Promethazine as its active ingredient. Phenergan Injection works by blocking the production of natural substances called histamines that cause allergy symptoms. This injection is also used to help you feel more relaxed before operations and surgeries. This injection should not be used in children below 2 years of age and with caution in children above 2 years of age. Especially, if your child has a lung or breathing-related condition....
Uses of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
- For the treatment of allergies such as urticaria, hay fever and allergic conjunctivitis.
- To make a patient relaxed and calm before surgeries and operations.
Contraindications of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
If you are allergic to Promethazine or any component of this injection. If you have a brain-related disorder and you are taking medicine from class monoamine oxidase inhibitor or have taken this medi
cine in the last 2 weeks. This injection should not be used in patients who are in a coma or suffer from severe dizziness and drowsiness or in children below 2 years of age....
Side effects of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
- Blurred vision
- A dry mouth
- Urinary retention
Precautions and Warnings of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
Can I take the Phenergan Injection during pregnancy?
Phenergan Injection is not recommended during pregnancy especially towards the end of pregnancy (2 weeks prior). However, your doctor may prescribe this injection sometimes if it is really essential.
Can I take the Phenergan Injection while breastfeeding?
This injection should not be given to a breastfeeding woman. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding if your doctor prescribes you this injection.
Can I drive if I have consumed Phenergan Injection?
This medicine may cause dizziness and make a person sometimes confused. Avoid driving during the initial days of the treatment unless you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Phenergan Injection?
You should not consume alcohol if you have taken this injection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart, kidney, liver, an eye disorder (narrow-angle glaucoma) or epilepsy.
- You have disorders related to the lungs such as asthma, bronchitis or bronchiectasis.
- You have obstruction or blockage in the intestine or bladder neck (causes difficulty in passing urine).
- This injection should not be given to a person with Reye's Syndrome (swelling in the liver and brain).
- Any other health condition you have should be informed to your doctor before taking this injection.
Mode of Action of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
How Does It Work?
Phenergan works by blocking the action histamines in the body. Histamines are natural substances produced in the body in response to an allergy.
Directions for Use of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
- This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a healthcare set up.
- Please follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor.
- If you experience any undesirable effects right after taking the injection, tell your doctor.
Interactions of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Phenergan Injection works or Phenergan itself can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you have recently taken, currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for diabetes, high blood pressure, fits, brain-related disorders, pain killers, anti-asthmatics, etc.
Storage and disposal of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
- Store it in the original carton in order to protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Phenergan 25 Mg Ampoule Of 2ml Solution For Injection
Symptoms of an overdose vary among children and adults. It could be excitement, incoordination, hallucinations, fits, uneven heartbeats and fits in children and adults who may experience dizziness, sl
eepiness, loss of consciousness, etc. However, you are unlikely to get an extra dose since you will be given this injection by a doctor/nurse as prescribed....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that you will not be given this medicine as it has been prescribed. Your doctor or nurse will have instructions on when to give you this medicine. However, if you do think they have mis
sed a dose, tell your doctor or nurse....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Where is Phenergan Injection given?
A: Phenergan Injection is either given in your vein (intravenous) or muscles (intramuscular).
Q: What is Phenergan injection?
A: Phenergan injection is an anti-allergic medicine given for relieving symptoms of an allergy (skin, airways, eyes). It is also given before operations to relax a patient.
Q: Is Phenergan injection given for vomiting?
A: Yes, the doctor sometimes can give this injection to prevent and control nausea and vomiting that may occur after surgery.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 11 Mar 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved