Pacimol Tab Jar
By IPCA LABORATORIES
1000 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pacimol Tablet contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It belongs to a group of medicines called analgesics (painkillers) or Antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever). Pacimol Tablet is used to provide temporary relief from fever, pain and aches. Paracetamol stops the release of natural chemical substance prostaglandins responsible for pain and fever. You should not take more than 4-tablets of Pacimol Tablet in 24 hours. If you feel that your pain and fever are relieved do not take it further. If you have liver and kidney problems, consult your doctor before taking this medicine. This medicine is not meant for children under 12 years of age.
Uses of Pacimol Tab Jar
Pacimol Tablet is used to treat fever, pain and ache.
Contraindications of Pacimol Tab Jar
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Pacimol Tablet.
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Pacimol Tab Jar
Chances of getting side effects with Pacimol Tablet is rare if taken within the recommended doses. However, in rare cases, you may experience a skin rash, itching and blisters, allergic reaction and blood-related problems. There is a risk of liver and kidney damage with this medicine if used too frequently or for long-term treatment.
Precautions and Warnings of Pacimol Tab Jar
Can I take Pacimol Tablet during pregnancy?
Pacimol Tablet can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Pacimol Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Pacimol Tablet pass into the breastmilk in a very small amount and has negligible effects on the breastfed baby. Thus, you can take it while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pacimol Tablet?
Pacimol Tablet is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pacimol Tablet?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking a Pacimol Tablet is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease or problems.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol. Taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- You consume alcohol too often or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- Pacimol Tablet is not meant to be used in children below 12 years of age.
- You should maintain a gap of 4-6 hours between each dose of Pacimol Tablet and should not exceed it to more than 4-tablets a day.
Mode of Action of Pacimol Tab Jar
How Does It Work?
Pacimol Tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the fever, swelling and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain, responsible for controlling body temperature.
Directions for Use of Pacimol Tab Jar
Take Pacimol Tablet as a whole with a glass of water or use it as directed by your physician.
Interactions of Pacimol Tab Jar
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat nausea or vomitings like metoclopramide or domperidone should be avoided with Pacimol Tablet.
- Frequent use of Pacimol Tablet by a person on blood thinners like warfarin can increase the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours as it can interfere with the painkiller action of Pacimol Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like chloramphenicol should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Pacimol Tab Jar
- Pacimol Tablet should be stored at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pacimol Tab Jar
- Taking Pacimol Tablet in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
- If you happen to take too much of this medicine, reach out to your doctor at the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Pacimol Tablet?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or if you are an alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause severe liver damage in case of overdose. Caution is needed for the elderly as well.read less
- Paracetamol should be used in low doses for the shortest duration possible.
- You should avoid taking it when the symptoms (pain and fever) disappear.
- You should not take it while taking any other medicine containing paracetamol.
Q: My child has a fever, can I give Pacimol Tablet to my child who is five years old?
A: No, Pacimol Tablet is not meant for use in children below 12 years of age.
Q: My child, who is 3 years old happened to consume 5 tablets of paracetamol, what should I do?
A: Immediately take your child to the hospital. It may take some time before symptoms of overdose appear. The physician will evaluate with help of laboratory reports and examination to check if the baby's liver is doing fine.
Q: Can I take Pacimol Tablet for cold and fever?
A: You can take Pacimol Tablet for controlling fever. This medicine might not have any action in reducing cold as cold is usually happen due to a viral infection or allergic condition and affects the nose and throat.
Q: What is Pacimol Tablet?
A: Pacimol Tablet contains Paracetamol as active ingredient. It is a painkiller. Pacimol Tablet is used to provide relief from fever and mild-to-moderate pain. It is also used to get relief from headache, toothache, migraine, period pain and other painful conditions.
Other Products from this Brand
- Pacimol 650 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Pacimol 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Pacimol Mf Bottle Of 60 Ml Suspension
- Pacimol Drops
- Pacimol 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Pacimol 120 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Pacimol Mf 125 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Pacimol Susp
- Pacimol 1 Gm Tablet
- Pacimol Injection 100 Ml
- Pacimol 650 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Pacimol 500 Mg Tablet 1000
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved