Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oxetol C Tablet contains oxcarbazepine as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of epilepsy of seizures, especially partial seizures and their complications. It decreases the electrical
activity in the brain and decreases the frequency of seizures. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop this medicine without doctors advice as it may increase the chances of convulsions. Your doctor may advise different blood tests before and during treatment with this medicine. Before using Oxetol C Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
Oxetol C Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy or seizures.
Contraindications of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
If you are allergic to oxcarbazepine or any other ingredients of Oxetol C Tablet.
Side effects of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
- Weight gain
- Low attention span
- Blurred vision
- Hair loss
- Decreased sodium levels
Precautions and Warnings of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
Can I take Oxetol C Tablet during pregnancy?
- You should consult your doctor before using Oxetol C Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I take Oxetol C Tablet while breastfeeding?
Oxetol C Tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as oxcarbazepine passes into breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oxetol C Tablet?
Oxetol C Tablet may cause dizziness, drowsiness, balance or coordination problems, double or blurred vision, especially during starting of the treatment thus it can affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. So, do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you experience such side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Oxetol C Tablet?
No, alcohol consumption should be avoided while on treatment with Oxetol C Tablet as it may increase the chances of drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your liver.
- You have any kidney problems, especially associated with low sodium levels in the blood. (Your doctor may start treatment with half the normal starting dose and may slowly increase the dose.)
- You are taking any other medicine which can decrease blood sodium levels like Indomethacin, Ibuprofen.
- You suffer from any heart problems like heart rhythm issues, pumping problems (difficulty in breathing, swelling of ankles).
- You have an allergy to any other medicine used for seizures.
- You are using hormonal contraceptives.
- You have ulcers in the mouth, throat, nose, genitals and conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes).
- You notice an increase in the frequency of seizures.
- You are suffering from conditions like lactose intolerance.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Oxetol C Tablet
Mode of Action of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Normally in the brain, the electrical activity is going on in a controlled manner. When there is an imbalance in this electrical activity, it becomes uncontrolled. That produces symptoms like muscle tightening, unusual head movements, blank stares, moving of eyes side to side, numbness, tingling or hallucinations (seeing, smelling or hearing things that are not actually present)....Read more
- Oxcarbazepine in Oxetol C Tablet helps in controlling electrical activity in the brain and decreases the frequency of seizures.
Directions for Use of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
Oxetol C Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal
results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Even after improvement of symptoms, continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures....
Interactions of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Oxetol C Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Lamotrigine and Valproic acid.
- Hormonal contraceptives, when used with this medicine, decrease the effectiveness of contraceptive medicines; thus, your doctor may advise you to try other forms of contraception.
- Lithium and MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors), like Phenelzine and Moclobemide, (these medicines are used to treat mental illness).
- Concomitant use of Oxetol C Tablet and medicines that can lower sodium levels in the blood like diuretics (used to treat high blood pressure), desmopressin (used for bedwetting) and non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (pain killers) can lower the sodium levels in your blood further which may lead to symptoms of sodium shortage....Read more
- Medicines to decrease the body’s immune system (immunosuppressants) such as ciclosporin, tacrolimus (used to prevent organ transplantation) and Rifampicin (an antibiotic used for the treatment of tuberculosis) when used together with this medicine can alter the effect of this medicine....Read more
Storage and disposal of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
- Keep Oxetol C Tablet out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Oxetol C 150mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include low levels of sodium in the blood, anger, agitation, being confused, drowsiness or sleepiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, fast and irregular heartbeats, shaking, seizures/convulsions, headache, coma, loss of consciousness, uncontrolled twitching or jerking, double or blurred vision, narrowing of the pupil, low blood pressure, shortness of breath, an abnormal degree of muscular or bodily activity, lack of coordination of movements and uncontrolled eye movements....Read more
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the symptoms or feel you have taken too much of Oxetol C Tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose of Oxetol C Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten
dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without a doctor’s advice, as this may increase seizures/convulsions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Oxetol C Tablet?
A: Oxetol C Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy of seizures, especially partial seizures and its complications.
Q: How does Oxetol C Tablet work?
A: Oxetol C Tablet helps in controlling electrical activity in the brain and decreases the frequency of seizures.
Q: How long to take Oxetol C Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Oxetol C Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions, and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Trileptal 150 mg Film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Trileptal 150 mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Oxcarbazepine - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 03 May 2021 | 12:23 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved