Ostocalcium Plus Bottle Of 30 Tablets
30 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ostocalcium Plus tablet contains calcium and Vitamin D3 ( cholecalciferol/cholecalciferol). It is used to treat vitamin D and calcium deficiency. It also helps in strengthening the bones and preventing osteoporosis. Ostocalcium Plus chewable tablet should be taken as advised by the doctor or pharmacist.
Ingredients and Benefits
- Ostocalcium Plus tablet contains Calcium and Vitamin D3.
- Calcium: It is essential for the functioning of like nerve, muscles, cells and bone strength.
- Vitamin D3: It increases the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine. It is crucial for bone strength. Due to a lack of vitamin D, you may experience fractures, muscle pain, weakness.
Uses of Ostocalcium Plus Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Ostocalcium Plus tablet is used for the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- It is also helpful in preventing osteoporosis.
- It is also used in special populations like the elderly, pregnant, breastfeeding women who need vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Side effects of Ostocalcium Plus Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Vomiting, nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling thirsty
- Bone pain
- Stomach pain
- Frequent urination
- Muscle weakness
- High level of calcium in urine
Precautions and Warnings of Ostocalcium Plus Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to vitamin D, calcium or any other ingredients of the Ostocalcium Plus tablet. Do not take it in this case.
- Do not take it if you have a high level of calcium or vitamin D in the blood, a high level of calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bedridden.
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues).
- You are suffering from malabsorption.
- You have kidney problems.
- You are suffering from blood cancer.
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium.
- You have high levels of cholesterol, then caution is needed.
- Never take thyroid medicine together with the Ostocalcium Plus tablet.
Directions for Use of Ostocalcium Plus Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Take Ostocalcium Plus tablet as your doctor has advised you.
- It should be chewed before swallowing and should preferably be taken after the evening meal.
- This vitamin is known to accumulate in the fat and liver, so excessive use or use for a prolonged period can be harmful.
- Do not take too much of Ostocalcium Plus tablet as this may lead to overdose.
Storage and disposal of Ostocalcium Plus Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Ostocalcium Plus tablets should be stored in a cool and dry place protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food items are a good source of vitamin D?
- Very few food products are a good source of vitamin D like cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun.
- Sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin deficiency.
Q: Why is vitamin D intake important?
- With the current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars; with hardly any exposure to the sun.
- This is leading to increased vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness.
- There is a lot of research happening suggesting that vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like the colon, breast, help build immunity.
Q: Can Ostocalcium Plus tablet be harmful if taken in excess?
- Yes taking too much can be harmful. There is a misconception that too much of vitamins is not harmful.
- When taken in excess or in high doses for too long excessive vitamin D and calcium can cause an overdose.
- Overdose can cause loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, kidney stones, bone pain, excessive thirst, increased calcium in the blood, urine, muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, stop taking it and contact your doctor immediately.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹17.89 (10% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Calcium Phosphate(0.323 G),Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(400.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Vitamin D and calcium deficiency|
|Side effects||Constipation, vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite, feeling thirsty, bone pain|
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 04:32 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved