Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nurokind-G 100 tablet is used to treat neuropathic pain. It is a combination medicine containing gabapentin and methylcobalamin. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration
as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness and diarrhoea are few side effects of Nurokind-G 100 tablet. Report to your doctor if you notice that the side effects persist or worsen. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and as well as all the medicines and supplements you take and along with the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Nurokind-G 100 tablet....
Uses of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
Nurokind-G 100 tablet is used treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the exter
Contraindications of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to gabapentin, methylcobalamin or any of the ingredients of Nurokind-G 100 tablet.
- If you have an eye disorder due to excess consumption of tobacco, especially cigar and pipe.
- Nurokind-G 100 tablet is not meant to treat anaemia, especially in pregnant women.
Side effects of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
Can I take Nurokind-G 100 tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take Nurokind-G 100 tablet during pregnancy, as it can interfere with the growth, development of the brain and other body parts of the unborn baby. Your doctor may give you this medicine only if the benefits outweigh the potential risk.
Can I take Nurokind-G 100 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment with Nurokind-G 100 tablet, as it may harm the newborn baby. Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nurokind-G 100 tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness or sometimes depression while on treatment with Nurokind-G 100 tablet. Avoid driving or operating machinery, especially during initial days of treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Nurokind-G 100 tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with Nurokind-G 100 tablet as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder.
- You are an older adult, the risk of getting side effects are more.
- You develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking Nurokind-G 100 tablet.
- You notice any behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking Nurokind-G 100 tablet.
- You experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor.
- Nurokind-G 100 tablet should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances.
Mode of Action of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Methylcobalamin is a form of Vitamin B12 which helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves in the brain. The exact mechanism of how gabapentin works is not known. However,
it is known to act on specific receptors in the brain and reduce the release of chemicals in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain....
Directions for Use of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
- Nurokind-G 100 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine. You may require a lower dose of this medicine. Talk to your doctor about it.
- You may experience mood swings, anxiety and irritability if you are taking medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin and Ethyl phenacemide.
- Antacids should be taken with a gap of two hours after consumption of Nurokind-G 100 tablet.
- This medicine should not be taken at the same time with antibiotics, especially tetracycline, as it can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics.
- Cough medicine like Hydrocodone, cancer medicines, especially Methotrexate can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Other medicines like Cholestyramine, Neomycin, Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Metformin and Nitrous oxide can interact with the action of Nurokind-G 100 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
- Store Nurokind-G 100 tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Nurokind G 100mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include blurred or double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, laziness or sometimes diarrhoea. Consult your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital if you experience any such
symptoms or think you have taken too much of Nurokind-G 100 tablet....
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of Nurokind-G 100 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a doub
le dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
A: Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. It is spontaneous in origin and occurs in the absence of any injury or trauma. Typically, the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Nurokind-G 100 tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
- CDSCO - Methylcobalamin and Gabapentin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- GABIL (Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin) Tablets [Internet]. Biocon.com. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- NEURONTIN (gabapentin) Tablets/Capsules/Oral solution, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Gabapentin 100 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Gabapentin 100 mg capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Methylcobalamin - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Gabapentin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Nurokind Plus Rf Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Nurokind Lc Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Nurokind Od 1500 Mcg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Nurokind Gold Rf Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Nurokind G Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nurokind Z More Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nurokind Forte Z Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Nurokind Plus Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Nurokind 500 Mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nurokind Gold Injection
|You Save||₹11.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg),Gabapentin(100.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dry mouth, sore throat|
Last Updated on: 30 Sep 2021 | 12:04 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved