Nrt 1 Mint Flavour Pastilles
Nrt 1 MG Description
Nrt Pastille contains Nicotine as the active ingredient. It is used as nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). Nrt is used in the treatment of smoking cessation. It helps to get rid of withdrawal symptom
s, which develop when you stop smoking or reduce the number of cigarette smoking. Do not use it if your age is below 12 years. Take Nrt Pastille as advised by your doctor. Use the number of Pastilles according to the cigarette you smoke. If you get any abnormal symptoms during the use of this Pastille, stop using it, do not smoke and consult your doctor immediately.
Uses of Nrt 1 MG
Contraindications of Nrt 1 MG
- If you are allergic to nicotine or any of the content of Nrt Pastille.
- If your age is less than 12 years of age.
Side effects of Nrt 1 MG
- Soreness of mouth
- Throat irritation
- Taste disturbances
- Dry mouth
- Increased saliva
- Burning in the mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Nrt 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart problems (heart attack, rhythm problems, stroke, high blood pressure etc.)
- You have diabetes (monitor your blood sugar levels more often when you start using this medicine).
- You have ulcers in the stomach or intestine, any complaints like pain or swelling of the stomach and indigestion.
- You have any problems related to the liver or kidney.
- You have overacting thyroid gland.
- You have high blood pressure due to tumour-related to the gland near the kidney (pheochromocytoma- tumour of adrenal gland).
- You are taking any other medicines.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine should be used by adults and children above 12 years of age. However, it is always advisable to consult your doctor before using it.
Mode of Action of Nrt 1 MG
How Does It Work?
- When you are smoking cigarettes for a longer time, your body becomes dependent on nicotine. Now when you try to quit smoking, the body produces withdrawal symptoms like cravings (unpleasant feeling and strong desire to smoke), sleep disturbances, weight gain, persistent cough, flu-like symptoms, mood changes and constipation. Thus, it becomes difficult for the individual to get out of the nicotine craving cycle. ...
- Nicotine Pastilles helps you to get out of this craving cycle gradually. When you want to quit smoking, use nicotine Pastilles and don’t smoke.
- When you use this Pastille it releases nicotine into the mouth. This nicotine gets absorbed into the body from the lining of the mouth and helps to decrease the craving for smoking by decreasing the withdrawal symptoms. Although it will help in relieving the withdrawal symptoms, it will not give you that feeling of cigarette smoking....
Directions for Use of Nrt 1 MG
- Nrt Pastille should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
Interactions of Nrt 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Nrt Pastille or increase the chances of side effects....
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including:
- Theophylline (used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), Clozapine (used for mental illness), Ropinirole (used for Parkinson’s disease characterized by tremors and lack of movement).
- When you reduce or stop smoking your body metabolism slows down, which can increase the side effects of other medicines.
Storage and disposal of Nrt 1 MG
- Keep Nrt Pastilles out of sight and reach of children.
- Store it below 30°C in the original package.
Dosage of Nrt 1 MG
- Take Nrt Pastille exactly as prescribed by your doctor or as per instruction on a leaflet.
- Overdose may increase the side effects of the medicine. You may feel nausea, vomiting, increased salivation, pain in your stomach, diarrhoea, sweating, headache, dizziness, hearing disturbance, weakness. If this happens stop using the Pastilles and do not smoke. Contact a doctor immediately....
- If a child under 12 accidentally uses, swallows, sucks or chews some of this medicine, take them to a hospital immediately. Take the medicine/Pastille with you. Nicotine ingestion by a child may cause severe poisoning....