Price to be Updated
Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S contains a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics.
Uses of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
Treatment of infections caused by bacteria, like sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before
Side effects of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
Can I take Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy. However, it can be given to you by your doctor if required. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine. The components of this medicine passes into breast milk & is known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins
- You are an elderly patient
- You have liver problems
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine
- You have difficulty in passing urine
Mode of Action of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
How Does It Work?
Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems.
Interactions of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationread less
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in treatment of cancer)
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Storage and disposal of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original package to protect it from catching moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S
- Taking Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness and fluid retention
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have allergy to penicillin, can I take Moxikind Cv 250mg Tablet 10'S?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Last Updated on: 14 Oct 2020 | 02:08 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved