Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
By BENNET PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Mosiba 2.5 Tablet contains Mosapride. It is used to treat conditions of stomach and intestine such as heartburn, acidity, indigestion and acid reflux into the food pipe. Mosiba 2.5 Tablet works by increasing the movement of food from the stomach to the intestine. It should not be used for children below 18-years of age. You may experience side effects like loose motions, stomach pain, dry mouth and headache. Inform your doctor about all other medications you are taking and also if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Uses of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
Mosiba 2.5 Tablet is used to treat stomach and intestinal symptoms associated with heartburn, acidity, indigestion and stomach pain; also with the reflux of bile or stomach acids into the food pipe.
Contraindications of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Mosapride or any other component of Mosiba 2.5 Tablet.
- If you have disease or disorder of the digestive tract such as bleeding ulcer of stomach or digestive tract, blockage of the intestine and rupture of the intestinal cells.
Side effects of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
- Diarrhoea, dry mouth, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, taste disturbance
- Increases liver enzyme, increases triglyceride level, abnormal blood test
- Headache, dizziness, tiredness
- Increases heart rate
- Swelling, rash
Precautions and Warnings of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
Can I take Mosiba 2.5 Tablet during pregnancy?
As there is limited information available regarding the use of Mosiba 2.5 Tablet during pregnancy, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medication.
Can I take Mosiba 2.5 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Mosiba 2.5 Tablet might pass into the breastmilk and may be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mosiba 2.5 Tablet?
Mosiba 2.5 Tablet does not affect the ability to drive. If you experience side effects, like dizziness or headache, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Mosiba 2.5 Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with Mosiba 2.5 Tablet, as it can increase the side effect of this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you have a habit of consuming it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or heart disease.
- You are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- You are on any other medication.
- You feel Mosiba 2.5 Tablet is not effective after using it for 2-weeks.
- Mosiba 2.5 Tablet should not be used in children below 18-years of age.
Mode of Action of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Mosiba 2.5 Tablet acts by increasing the release of certain chemical substances, which increases the stomach and intestinal muscle movement and gastric emptying (the time it takes for food to empty from the stomach and enter the small intestine). This increases the movement of food from the stomach to the intestine.
Directions for Use of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
Mosiba 2.5 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of anticholinergic medicines like atropine, butylscopolamine bromide decreases the action of Mosiba 2.5 Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
- Store at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mosiba 2.5mg Tablet
If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Mosiba 2.5 Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When and how should I take Mosiba 2.5 Tablet?
A: Take Mosiba 2.5 Tablet, as advised by your doctor at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits. You can take it with or without food.
Q: Can I stop taking Mosiba 2.5 Tablet when my symptoms are relieved or when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Mosiba 2.5 Tablet. Incomplete treatment might result in recurrence of the symptoms and your condition may worsen. To gain optimal benefits, it is advisable to take it for a prescribed duration.
Q: What measures should I follow to prevent the symptoms?
- Consume smaller but frequent meals
- Avoid spicy and other foods that trigger heartburn
- Try to lose weight if you are overweight
- Do not eat within 3-4 hours of going to bed
- Drink plenty of water
Q: Is Mosiba 2.5 Tablet safe in pregnancy?
A: The safety profile of Mosiba 2.5 Tablet in pregnant women has not been established. Your doctor might prescribe you if the benefits outweigh the risk. You should never take any medication without consulting your doctor.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:19 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved