Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
By BLUE CROSS LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meftal-P suspension is for pediatric use. It reduces fever and pain associated with sprains, injuries. It helps to reduce swelling, redness and pain in the joints due to juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
It contains mefenamic acid as an active ingredient. It is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine. Meftal-P suspension must be given to the child as advised by the doctor....
Uses of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- To relieve fever and pain in children
- To relieve muscle and joint pain in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis in children)
Contraindications of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- If your child is allergic to mefenamic acid or other painkillers such as ibuprofen or other ingredients of Meftal-P suspension.
- If your child has a condition of inflammation, swelling and pain in the digestive tract.
- If your child suffers from asthma.
- If your child has or had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers.
- If your child has heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- If your child suffers from epilepsy.
- If your child is on blood clotting medicines like warfarin.
Side effects of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has blood tests to be done, it is important to inform the doctor about the ongoing treatment with Meftal-P suspension.
- Your child develops skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- Treatment with Meftal-P suspension must not be continued for more than 7 days unless it is prescribed for Still's disease.
- Your child has asthma or is prone to seasonal allergies and rhinitis.
- Your child may suffer from a heart, liver or kidney problem.
- Your child has a stomach ache.
- Your child may suffer from epilepsy, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
Mefenamic acid in Meftal-P suspension acts by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the inflammation, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- Meftal-P suspension should be given to your child as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity
- Do not give it directly from the bottle
Interactions of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Meftal-P suspension works, or Meftal-P suspension itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- Store Meftal-P suspension at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
If you have given too much of Meftal-P suspension to the child, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed giving a dose of Meftal-P suspension to the child, give it as soon as you remember. If it's the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and give the next dose at the scheduled time.
Avoid a double dose for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Meftal-P suspension used for?
A: It is used for fever and pain relief in children.
Q: Can I take Meftal-P suspension on an empty stomach?
A: No, the medicine must be taken after having food.
Q: Is Meftal-P suspension a painkiller?
A: Yes, it is a pain killer. It is effective for pain only.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 19 Aug 2021 | 10:15 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved