Levolin Syp 100ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levolin Syp 100ml contains Levosalbutamol also known as Levalbuterol.
Uses of Levolin Syp 100ml
For the treatment and relief of spasm and constriction of airways in obstructive airway disease characterised by difficulty in breathing, coughing, wheezing sound and tightness of chest.
Contraindications of Levolin Syp 100ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of vaginal bleeding or bloody discharge during the first 6 months of pregnancy
- If you are already taking other medicines like propranolol used to treat high blood pressure
Side effects of Levolin Syp 100ml
- Nausea, vomiting, uneasiness and stomach pain
- Skin allergies, bloating, swelling of face and other body parts, itching
- Nervousness, headache, dizziness, fatigue and difficulty in sleeping
- Irregular heartbeat, shakiness and undesired movements and muscle cramps, chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Levolin Syp 100ml
Can I take Levolin Syp 100ml during pregnancy?
This medicine should be used during pregnancy, only if your doctor considers it essential.
Can I take Levolin Syp 100ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine should be avoided by breastfeeding women until considered essential by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levolin Syp 100ml?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Levolin Syp 100ml?
There is no known interaction of this medicine with alcohol, it is better to consult your doctor if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you feel medicine is less effective and not able to give you relief as this medicine is for short term treatment of airway obstruction
- If you experience rapid breathing, feel sick, stomach pain; it can be due to increased lactic acid in your body
- If you have muscle pain or weakness, an irregular heartbeat which could be due to low potassium levels
- If you have overactive thyroid gland and suffering from asthma
- If you have diabetes because your blood sugar level may rise and continuous monitoring is required
- If you have a history of any heart problem like irregular heartbeat, heart failure and chest pain
- You may experience allergic reactions during the treatment like hives, itching, swelling, etc.
- You may experience chest pain or breathing problem during the treatment. You should consult your doctor immediately, it can be an underlying heart disorder
Mode of Action of Levolin Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by relaxing the smooth muscles of airways by acting on specific receptors. Thus, provides relief from the symptoms of airway obstruction.
Directions for Use of Levolin Syp 100ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use
Interactions of Levolin Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like diuretics, guanethidine, reserpine or methyldopa and tranylcypromine used to treat depression, can affect the activity of this medicine
- Taking high doses of medicines used for asthma-like Theophylline and steroids along with this medicine can cause a low level of potassium in the blood
- This medicine should be discontinued for 6 hours before any planned dental procedures or surgeries which might involve the use of inhalational anaesthetics as it can lead to heart problems or bleeding disordersread less
- You may experience a rise in blood sugar level if taken along with antidiabetic medicines. Your doctor may need to adjust the dose of your antidiabetic medicine
- There is a risk of getting heart rhythms problems if taken along with medicines like Digoxin which is used to treat heart conditions, water pills,Theophylline used to treat breathing problems and Steroidsread less
Storage and disposal of Levolin Syp 100ml
- Store it in a cool and dry place below 25°C
- Keep it protected from light and out of reach of children
Dosage of Levolin Syp 100ml
- Symptoms of overdose include low level of potassium in the blood which may lead to weakness of muscles, muscle sprains or irregular heartbeat
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and you experience any of such symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take during the treatment?
A: You need to tell your doctor if you have any medical condition like heart disease and you are already using any medicines like antihypertensives. Your doctor may ask you to monitor potassium level regularly.
Q: Which group of people are at the risk of getting airway obstruction disease very often?
A: Children, individuals susceptible to environmental allergies, people suffering from an infection, inflammation, trauma of airways and lungs and smokers are prone to get airway obstruction problems.
Q: What are the signs of allergic reaction to this medicine?
A: Swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue, pale or red irregular raised patches with severe itching (hives), difficulty breathing, low blood pressure and collapse.
Other Products from this Brand
- Levolin 0 63 Mg Respules 2 5 Ml 1 5
- Levolin 50 Mcg Inhaler
- Levolin 1 25 Mg Respules 2 5 Ml 1 5
- Levolin Rotacaps
- Levolin 0 31 Mg Respules 2 5 Ml 1 5
- Levolin 1 Mg Orange Flav Syrup 100 Ml
- Levolin 50 Mcg Autohaler 200 Mdi
- Levolin 1 Mg Tablet
- Levolin 1 Mg Syrup 100 Ml
- Levolin 2 Mg Tablet
- Levolin 0 31 Mg Respules 2 5 Ml 10 S
- Levolin 1 25 Mg Respules 2 5 Ml 10 S
- Levolin 0 63 Mg Respules 2 5 Ml 10 S
- Levolin 50 Mcg Synchrobreathe Packet Of 120 Md Inhaler
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 07:04 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved