Lantus Kit 10ml
10ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lantus 100 IU Description
Lantus Kit 10ml contains insulin which belongs to class of Insulins and analogues (synthetic human hormones).
|You Save||₹447.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Insulin Glargine(100.0 Iu)|
Check more medicines with composition as Insulin Glargine(100.0 Iu)
Uses of Lantus 100 IU
Treatment of diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Lantus 100 IU
- If you are allergic to insulin or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are suffering from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level).
Side effects of Lantus 100 IU
- Low blood sugar (Hypoglycaemia)
- Feeling hungry
- Visual disturbances
- Pale skin
- Skin rashes
- Pain, redness, swelling at injection site.
Precautions and Warnings of Lantus 100 IU
Can I take Lantus Kit 10ml during pregnancy?
This medicine can be used during pregnancy if your doctor recommends. However, close monitoring of blood sugar levels is suggested as the dose requirements may change with each trimester of pregnancy.
Can I take Lantus Kit 10ml while breastfeeding?
You can use this while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lantus Kit 10ml?
- Insulin is known to cause low blood sugar levels and can impair your driving abilities.
- Always keep sugar or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
Can I consume alcohol with Lantus Kit 10ml?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it interferes with the way insulin works.
- Consumption of alcohol may lead to an increased risk of both low blood glucose level and high blood glucose level.
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol while taking insulin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have recurrent low blood sugar levels
- Be very careful about symptoms of low blood sugar like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat, headache, intense hunger, restlessness, dizziness, irritability. If you experience these, immediately have sugar (Do not consume artificial sweeteners). Eat something as soon as possible. Do not take insulin in such a scenario. If still the symptoms persists, seek emergency medical help...
- You have frequent fever and infections
- You have diseases related to liver and kidney
- You have thyroid disorders
- You are switching to different insulin medicine brand
- You have pain, itching and swelling at the injection site, you should continuously change the site of injection
- Avoid doing heavy exercise
- You are planning to change your diet preferences
- You should always carry sugar candy with you
- You are taking insulin but not taking adequate meals, your blood glucose can drop drastically.
Mode of Action of Lantus 100 IU
How Does It Work?
- Insulin is a crucial hormone that allows entry of blood glucose into each cell of the body. Inside the cell, this glucose is used as fuel.
- In type 1 diabetes mellitus, the body fails to produce adequate insulin and this leads to glucose accumulating in the blood and causes high blood glucose.
- This medicine lowers blood sugars by stimulating glucose uptake by cells, tissue and muscles, especially by skeletal muscles and fat and by inhibiting glucose production by the liver.
Directions for Use of Lantus 100 IU
- Take this injection as per the technique suggested by your doctor or nurse
- This injection is to be taken under the skin of the thigh or upper arm or abdomen
- Do not take this injection in vein or in muscles
- Pull a skin, fold up to take this injection
- Wait for at least 6 sec before removing the needle from the injection site
- Always rotate the site of injection, do not take concurrent injections at the same site.
Interactions of Lantus 100 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes, depression (fluoxetine), medicines for fever and pain (salicylates), ramipril, lisinopril
- You may have high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, thiazide, steroids, thyroxine, medicines used to treat severe diarrhoea and abnormal growth of body organs like octreotide, lanreotide...
- If you are taking a medicine pioglitazone to treat diabetes, be cautious, as some cases of heart attack and heart failure have been reported
- Some medicines block your body's response to low blood sugar, so you may not experience symptoms like headache, hunger pangs, sweating, anxiety when your blood sugar drops. This can lead to a serious fall in blood sugar. Inform your doctor if you are on medicines like Betablockers (Metoprolol, Propranolol, Atenolol), Clonidine, Guanethidine and Reserpine....
Interactions with food items
- This medicine is to be taken 15 mins before meals or after meals
- Maintaining a constant meal pattern is advisable when you are taking insulin
- Avoid skipping or delaying meals when you are taking insulin
Storage and disposal of Lantus 100 IU
- Store between 2°C to 8°C in the refrigerator
- Do not freeze it
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Do not open the carton of vials to protect it from light
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be appropriately discarded.
Dosage of Lantus 100 IU
- Excess insulin will lead to low blood sugar levels, called hypoglycemia. You may experience symptoms like dizziness, fainting, sweating and tremors.
- If you have the blood glucometer with you, test immediately and confirm blood glucose levels.
- Whether or not you test your levels, it is important to take some glucose water/juice/eat sugar or chocolates immediately and then rush to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
- Missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels which can cause symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one as taking double dose can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose which can be dangerous.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What food items I should avoid, as I'm a diabetic?
- Avoid maida, white bread, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid seetaphal, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts
- Avoid cheese, milkshakes, ice creams
- Try to avoid pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
Q: Can I stop taking Lantus Kit 10ml if I am feeling uncomfortable after taking this medicine?
A: No, you can not stop taking your insulin without speaking with a doctor. It may lead to high blood sugar levels and may worsen your disease condition and land you in complications. In case of side effects or discomfort, talk to your doctor. You may need dose adjustment.
Q: Why should I always change the site for taking this injection?
A: Taking injection at the same site may lead to a lump formation, local irritation and itching. Thus it is advisable not to take injections at the same site or maintain a gap of at least one day.
Q: What other lifestyle modifications I need to consider to manage diabetes?
- Diet should include chapatis, multigrain bread, puffed rice with vegetables, sprouts, roasted grams, plain cooked daal, soups, steamed vegetables, cooked vegetables with less oil, Jamun, orange, guava, apple, watermelon, papaya, cow’s milk, curd, thin buttermilk, fish (grilled, baked or steamed), peanuts, cashew nuts and walnuts(handful)....
- Limit sugar intake
- Brisk walk daily for 30 minutes
- Exercise regularly
- Monitor your blood glucose regularly
- Take your anti-diabetic medication on time
Q: I experience low blood sugar levels often, what could be the possible reasons?
- Risk factors for developing low blood glucose levels include taking too much insulin, not taking adequate meals or missing meals, too much alcohol consumption, fever and too much exercise
- Some medicines, when used with insulin can result in such episodes like other diabetes medicine glimepiride, medicines used for fever and pain (salicylates), ramipril, etc.
- Report to your doctor about these episodes. You may need a dose of adjustment.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- Lantus 100 Iu Cartridge Of 3 Ml Solution For Injection
- Lantus Solostar 100 Iu Pre Filled Pen Of 3 Ml Solution For Injecton
- Lantus 100 Iu Vial Of 10 Ml Solution For Injection
- Lantus Optiset 100 Iu Pre Filled Pen Of 3 Ml Injection
- Lantus Solostar 100 Iu Pre Filled Pen Of 30 Ml Injection
- Lantus Pen Injection 1 S
- Lantus Starter Kit 3 Ml
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay