Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Ketorol-DT tablet contains a medicine called Ketorolac. It is an anti-inflammatory medicine. Ketorol-DT tablet is used for the short term management of post-operative pain, joint pain and muscle ache. It works by blocking the synthesis of an inflammatory mediator responsible for inflammation and pain. This medicine is not meant to be used for minor pain and for a prolonged duration. It should not be used before any major surgery as a preventive measure to reduce pain afterwards and during labour or delivery.
Uses of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ketorol-DT tablet is used for short term management of post-operative pain and pain related to muscles & joints.
Contraindications of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Ketorolac or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to other pain killers like Aspirin or Ibuprofen
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding or perforation in the digestive tract
- If you have kidney disease or liver disease and a history of bleeding in your brain
- If you have experienced asthma, urticaria or allergic-type reactions after pain killer use
- Ketorol-DT should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery and for any major surgery
- Ketorol-DT should not be used during labour as it may inhibit uterine contractions and can increase the risk of bleeding
- You should not take this medicine if you are taking other painkillers
- Ketorol-DT should not be used in patients below 18 years of age
Side effects of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Peptic ulcer
- Skin allergies
- Heart burn
Precautions and Warnings of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ketorol-DT Tablet during pregnancy?
Ketorol-DT can be used in pregnancy if prescribed by a doctor if the benefit of this medicine overweighs the potential risk to the foetus.This medicine should not be used for labour pain and during delivery as can reduce the uterine contractions and prolongs the labour. It can also cause a bleeding problem in the newborn if consumed in the late stages of pregnancy.
Can I take Ketorol-DT Tablet while breastfeeding?
Ketorol-DT Tablet passes in small quantities in breast milk. Hence, caution is needed in lactating mothers. Inform your doctor if you observe any side effects in your infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ketorol-DT Tablet?
Ketorol-DT Tablet does not affect your driving ability, if you experience any side effect such as dizziness and drowsiness avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ketorol-DT Tablet?
Do not drink alcohol while taking Ketorol-DT tablet. This may increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have liver, kidney, bleeding problem or gastrointestinal bleeding
- You should not use this medicine for minor or chronic painful conditions
- If you experience any allergic reaction after taking this medicine
- If you have high blood pressure, heart failure, stroke and edema
- Ketorolac DT tablet should be used cautiously in patients above the age of 60
- This medicine should not be taken for more than 5 days
Mode of Action of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ketorolac works by blocking the action of an enzyme called cyclooxygenase which is involved in the synthesis of inflammatory mediators prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are implicated in the condition of pain and inflammation.
Directions for Use of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Ketorol-DT as a whole with a sufficient amount of water
- You should take this medicine with or after your meals
Interactions of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like Probenecid and Pentoxifylline should never be taken along with Ketorol-DT
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin and Heparin should be used with caution as there are chances of increased bleeding upon longterm use
- Anti-platelet medicines such as aspirin and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with Ketorol-DT tablets
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium if taken along with Ketorol-DT can lead to toxicity of these medicines
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy, seizures and other psychiatric conditions if taken along with Ketorol-DT can lead to serious side effects
Storage and disposal of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Ketorol-DT at room temperature away from heat and moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Dispose off Ketorol-DT medicine when it is no longer needed or expired
Dosage of Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Ketorol-DT are lethargy, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and epigastric pain. In case of an overdose, consult your doctor immediately. There is a risk of getting serious side effects such as gastrointestinal bleeding, kidney and respiratory depression upon overdose of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the dose of this medicine if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not consume a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I take Ketorol-DT tablet?
A: Ketorol-DT tablet should not be taken for more than 5 days as it may increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and cause damage to the kidneys.
Q: How long does Ketorol-DT tablet take to work?
A: Ketorol-DT tablet starts working approximately after 1 hour of consumption. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: Will Ketorol-DT tablet completely cure the pain?
A: Ketorol-DT tablet is an anti-inflammatory medicine which is used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation for a shorter duration.
Q: How many Ketorol-DT tablet can I take in a day?
A: It varies among individuals and your doctor will prescribe you after accessing your condition.
Q: Can I take Ketorol-DT tablet on an empty stomach?
A: Avoid taking Ketorol-DT tablet on an empty stomach as it may increase the risk of gastrointestinal side effects. Hence, this medicine is taken after food to avoid side effects.
Q: Why is Ketorol-DT tablet bad for kidneys?
A: Ketorol-DT tablet contains Ketorolac which belongs to the class of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that acts by inhibiting the formation of chemicals known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins normally dilate blood vessels. When the prostaglandins are inhibited, it causes decreased blood flow to the kidneys and decreases the oxygen supply to the kidneys causing acute kidney injury. Hence, Ketorol-DT tablet is not recommended for long term use.
Q: Can I use Ketorol-DT with Ibuprofen?
A: Both Ibuprofen and Ketorol-DT are painkiller medicine. You should not take two painkiller medicines together and can increase the risk of side effects of bleeding and ulcers. Hence, it is not recommended to take both the medicines at a time.
Other Variants for
Ketorol Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Last Updated on: 08 Aug 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved