I Deriva 10mg Capsule
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
I Deriva 10mg Cap, a form of vitamin A, contains isotretinoin, which is used for treating acne.
Uses of I Deriva 10mg Cap
- Severe acne (specifically nodular acne)
- Skin cancer
Contraindications of I Deriva 10mg Cap
- Allergy to this medicine
- Children below 12 years of age
- Liver disease
- High levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in blood
- Increased levels of vitamin A (hypervitaminosis A)
- If you are taking tetracycline (a type of antibiotic medicine)
Side effects of I Deriva 10mg Cap
- The common side effects of I Deriva 10mg Cap include chapped lips; dizziness; drowsiness; dry eyes; mouth or skin; a dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds; headache and temporary worsening of acne; severe allergic reactions; kidney problems; jaundice; abnormal hair growth; bleeding, redness or swelling of the gumsread less
- The serious side effects include bone pain; hearing problems or ringing in the ears and vision issues; severe psychological disturbances, including suicidal tendencies; stomach and pancreas problems and growth problems in childrenread less
Precautions and Warnings of I Deriva 10mg Cap
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning to conceive as it can cause serious birth defects in the foetus.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended during breastfeeding as it can pass through the breast milk and harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
This medicine can affect your night vision. You should always be careful while driving in the night. It can also cause dizziness and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
You should not consume alcohol with this medicine as it can increase your heart rate or cause nausea and vomiting.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing depression or aggressive tendencies or mood changes or thoughts about hurting yourself or ending your life
- You have increased liver enzymes or blood cholesterol
- You have extreme dryness of skin and sensitivity to sunlight
- You have headache or vomiting, which can be serious
Mode of Action of I Deriva 10mg Cap
How Does It Work?
The composition of I Deriva 10mg Cap works by decreasing the amount of oil secreted by the oil glands of the skin and helps to quickly renew the skin by itself. It is mostly used for treating severe nodular acne that do not respond to other treatments and antibiotics.
Directions for Use of I Deriva 10mg Cap
This dosage of I Deriva 10mg Cap should be taken along with food and swallowed with water usually twice daily or as directed by the physician. You should not chew it.
Interactions of I Deriva 10mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Effect of progesterone-only contraceptive pills might be reduced
- Any other form of vitamin A can cause overdose problems; thus, it should be avoided along with this medicine.
- Anti-convulsion medications may reduce the effect of this medicine
Interactions with food items
It should be consumed along with food as it can cause heartburn on an empty stomach. You should avoid oily and junk food.
Storage and disposal of I Deriva 10mg Cap
You should keep this medicine at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture. You should it away from children and pets. You should properly dispose not used if it has passed the expiry date.
Dosage of I Deriva 10mg Cap
If you have overdosed and experience symptoms such as dizziness, facial flushing, headache, loss of balance, stomach pain and vomiting, you should immediately consult your doctor.
Missed a Dose
You should not miss your dose and take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, you should skip the missed dose. You should not take extra medicines to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take I Deriva 10mg Cap without prescription?
A: No. This medicine should not be taken without a prescription. Even for the continuation of treatment, a new prescription is required.
Q: Can I take this medicine if I have fructose intolerance?
A: You should not take it if you have fructose intolerance.
Q: Is it safe for men to take this medicine if their partner is trying for a baby or if she is pregnant?
A: Yes, it is safe. It does not cause any effect to sperms. A minimal amount is passed into the semen, which is too small to create any impact to the unborn baby.
Q: How long will it take to work?
A: Initially, your acne may worsen, but improvements can be seen after 7-10 days.
Other Variants for
I Deriva 10mg Cap
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:07 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved