Hyocimax Plus Tab
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hyocimax Plus Tablet is a combination containing two medicines - Hyoscine and Paracetamol (also known as Acetaminophen) as active ingredients. Hyocimax Plus tablet is useful in relieving pain associat
ed with stomach, intestine, ureter and uterus cramps by relaxing their smooth muscles. It is used to provide relief from spasmodic pain. Patients with a history of allergy, glaucoma, intestinal obstruction and liver problems should avoid using this medicine without a doctor's advice. Take this tablet as prescribed and for its prescribed duration. Dry mouth, constipation and increased heartbeats are some side effects of this medicine. You should tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbal preparations or supplement your take and also about all the diseases or conditions you suffer from or if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy or are breastfeeding, before starting the treatment with the Hyocimax Plus tablets....
Uses of Hyocimax Plus Tab
Hyocimax Plus Tablet is used to provide relief from pain and cramps associated with the stomach, intestines and genitourinary tract and also menstrual cramps.
Contraindications of Hyocimax Plus Tab
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol or Hyoscine or any other ingredients of Hyocimax Plus tablet.
- If you have glaucoma.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have problems with your intestines.
- If you are pregnant, planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- If you have a rare muscle weakness problem (Myasthenia gravis).
Side effects of Hyocimax Plus Tab
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Unable to pass urine
- Increased heartbeats
- Abnormal or reduced sweating
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Hyocimax Plus Tab
Can I take the Hyocimax Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
Hyocimax Plus tablet is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Hyocimax Plus tablet while breastfeeding?
Hyocimax Plus tablet passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, it is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Hyocimax Plus tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly and dizziness while on treatment with Hyocimax Plus tablet. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Hyocimax Plus tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Hyocimax Plus tablet, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a fever.
- You have thyroid gland issues.
- You have problems with your heart.
- You have severe liver or kidney disease.
- You are allergic to aspirin or any other NSAIDs.
- You have constipation or have difficulty passing urine.
- You are an alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- You have a rare hereditary problem like glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- You encounter any skin reaction, stop the medicine and immediately consult your doctor.
- You are experiencing symptoms like fever, nausea, vomiting, severe stomach pain, a decrease in blood pressure, fainting, blood in stool even after taking this medicine.
- Hyocimax Plus tablets should not be used in children.
- The use of this tablet for long is not advised, as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Mode of Action of Hyocimax Plus Tab
How Does It Work?
- There are some chemical substances that when released in the body, produce pain and cramps in the stomach, intestine, genitourinary tract (ureter, bladder, uterus). This pain varies from mild to severe....Read more
- Hyoscine blocks the effect of these chemicals, thus relaxing the muscles and relieving the pain.
- Paracetamol blocks the effect of some chemicals in the brain, which are responsible for pain.
Directions for Use of Hyocimax Plus Tab
Take Hyocimax Plus tablets as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal resul
ts and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Hyocimax Plus Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of the Hyocimax Plus tablet along with Cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol levels) decreases the effect of this medicine. Hence, Cholestyramine should not be taken within an hour....Read more
- Concomitant use of this medicine with Metoclopramide and Domperidone (used in vomiting) increases the chances of side effects of the medicines.
- If you take this medicine with Warfarin (used to prevent clotting), chances of unusual bleeding increase.
- The side effects of Chloramphenicol increases if you use it along with this medicine.
- This medicine increases the side effects of other medicines used in psychiatric illness (Amitriptyline, Mirtazapine), medicines used in allergy (Cetirizine), Quinidine (used in heart problems), Amantadine (used in viral infections and movement disorder), Disopyramide (used in heart problems) and Ipratropium (used in asthma)....Read more
- If you take this medicine with other medicines like Epinephrine (used for heart diseases, glaucoma and asthma), Atenolol and Propranolol (used to treat high blood pressure), then it may increase the heartbeats....Read more
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Hyocimax Plus Tab
Store Hyocimax Plus tablets below 25°C away from direct sunlight and moisture. Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets. Do not use this tablet after the expiry date. Do not flush them
in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed....
Dosage of Hyocimax Plus Tab
- Excess of the Hyocimax Plus tablet will lead to liver and kidney impairment.
- The symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach pain, pale skin, unable to pass urine, dry mouth, skin redness, fast heartbeats, blurred vision.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Hyocimax Plus tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, th
en skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Hyocimax Plus Tablet?
A: Hyocimax Plus tablet is used in providing relief from pain and cramps that are related to the stomach, intestines and genitourinary tract and it is also helpful in menstrual cramps.
Q: What happens if I take the Hyocimax Plus tablet if I am suffering from glaucoma?
A: Components of Hyocimax Plus can dilate the pupil and increase the pressure inside the eyes, which can worsen your glaucoma. Thus, you should not take this medicine if you have glaucoma or increased pressure inside your eyes. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: I am having a heart problem. Can I use the Hyocimax Plus tablet?
A: Hyocimax Plus tablet produces faster heartbeats, so if you are suffering from any heart problems, please tell your doctor before. He may prescribe this medicine after careful assessment of the condition.
Q: Can the Hyocimax Plus Tablet be used for period pain?
A: Hyocimax Plus tablet relaxes the smooth muscles of the uterus and thus relieves menstrual cramps. You may use it, but only after consulting a doctor.
Q: How should Hyocimax Plus Tablet be taken?
A: Hyocimax Plus Tablet should be swallowed with water. You may take it with or without food. The dose and duration should be as told by your doctor.
Q: I am having stomach pain. Can I use the Hyocimax Plus tablet?
A: There are many reasons for stomach pain. You should never decide for yourself. Always consult your doctor. After doing careful clinical examination and investigation, he may prescribe Hyocimax Plus tablets. Use this medicine in the exact dose and frequency advised by your doctor.
Q: I am also taking medicines for allergy. Can I use the Hyocimax Plus tablet?
A: One of the groups of medicine used for relieving allergies is known as antihistamines. If you take this medicine with them, the side effects of Hyocimax plus tablets may increase. So always tell your doctor about that.
Q: Is Hyocimax Plus medicine habit-forming?
A: No, the Hyocimax Plus tablet is not habit-forming.
- Buscogast PLUS Tablet [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- Buscopan 10 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- Paracetamol Tablets 500mg (POM) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- Buscopan 10 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- Paracetamol Tablets 500mg (POM) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
Last Updated on: 28 Aug 2021 | 09:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved