Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CADILA PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hydrocad Tablet is used for the treatment of autoimmune disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis. Autoimmune disease is a condition in which your immune system is
not able to distinguish between healthy tissue and harmful pathogen and mistakenly attacks the healthy tissues of the body. It contains hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. It works by reducing the action of the immune system. Hydrocad Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with a glass of milk or after a meal. Before using the Hydrocad Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Hydrocad Tablet is used for the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis (swelling and pain in joints).
Contraindications of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to hydroxychloroquine or any of the other ingredients of the Hydrocad Tablet.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines like chloroquine.
- If you suffer from maculopathy, an eye disease usually characterised by visual abnormalities.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
Side effects of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Hydrocad Tablet during pregnancy?
Hydrocad Tablet should not be used during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning a pregnancy consult your doctor for advice before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Hydrocad Tablet while breastfeeding?
Hydroxychloroquine passes into the breastmilk in small amounts, thus you should consult your doctor before using the Hydrocad Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Hydrocad Tablets?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision after taking the Hydrocad Tablet especially, during the initial days of treatment. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Hydrocad Tablets?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking the Hydrocad Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience visual disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should undergo an eye examination.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- You are suffering from any heart disease, your doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with this medicine
- You have liver or kidney diseases, you may require dose adjustment.
- You are suffering from any stomach or gut problems.
- You develop swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You develop rashes after taking the Hydrocad Tablet.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You experience mental health problems such as depression, hallucinations, thoughts of self-harm or suicide. Immediately contact your doctor.
- If you are supposed to take this medicine for long-term treatment, you should be monitored regularly for heart health & blood count.
Mode of Action of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Hydroxychloroquine has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory action. Hydrocad Tablet works by inhibiting the action of immune cells and inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandin, interleukins and
other immune system modifying cells and enzymes. This decreases the immune activity against healthy tissues....
Directions for Use of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Hydrocad Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water after a meal. Do not break, cut, or chew the medicine. It is recommended that you take it at a
fixed time for optimal results. It should not be taken more than what your doctor has prescribed....
Interactions of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Hydrocad Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any mix-up. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, diabetes, fits, muscle weakness, worm infections, other antimalarials.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with the Hydrocad Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the Hydrocad Tablet below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Dispose of unused medicine properly. Avoid flushing it in the toilet or throwing it into the drain.
Dosage of Hydrocad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose are headache, eyesight problems, low blood pressure, fits. If you experience any of these symptoms or if you have overdosed on the Hydrocad Tablet, then contact your doctor imm
ediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of the Hydrocad Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing sche
dule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Hydrocad Tablet?
A: Hydrocad Tablet contains hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its body tissues. It is also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Q: Is Hydrocad Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Hydrocad Tablet has not shown any habit-forming tendencies.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking HCQS 200 mg table?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, skin, stomach, liver or kidney disease and medical conditions.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Hydrocad Tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medications, including supplements or herbal products. Also, tell your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....Read more
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate 200mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 May 2021]
- IMULAST Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 28 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Hydroxychloroquine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 28 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 08:16 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved