Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
By ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTD
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops contains Gentamicin, an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the eye to treat bacterial infections. It is also used to prevent any infections in an injured eye. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it or have any problems with your eyes. Before using Refresh Tears, please discuss it with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drop is used in treating bacterial infections in the eye and is also used to prevent infections in an injured eye.
Contraindications of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to Gentamicin or any other ingredients of Genticyn 0.3% eye drops
- If you have problems with your eyes
- If you have a condition that causes muscle weakness
Side effects of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
- Irritation, burning, stinging and itching in the eye
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
Can I use Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops during human pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I use Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops while breastfeeding?
- There is limited information about the effects of Genticyn 0.3% eye drops during breastfeeding, thus you should consult a doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have used Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops?
Genticyn 0.3% eye drops may cause blurred vision, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol if I have used Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops?
There is limited information about the effects of Genticyn 0.3% eye drops on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You will use this medicine for a long time.
- You have open wounds.
- You have damaged skin.
- You wear contact lenses, as they should be removed during treatment.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with Genticyn 0.3% eye drops, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Mode of Action of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
Gentamicin in Genticyn 0.3% eye drops works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
- Genticyn 0.3% eye drop is meant for topical ophthalmic use only
- Use it as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss doses
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue
- Use the exact number of drops recommended
Interactions of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin the blood such as warfarin and water medicines (diuretics) such as furosemide or etacrynic acid should not be used along with Genticyn 0.3% eye drops.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Amphotericin B should not be used along with this medicine, as it may increase the risk of having a toxic effect on the kidney.
- Be cautious if you are taking Cephalosporin antibiotics such as cephaloridine or Botulinum toxin, which is used to lower the activity of overactive muscles.
- You may experience low calcium levels if you take this medicine with Ciclosporin used to treat bone weakness.
- Other medicine like indomethacin, neostigmine, pyridostigmine, Cisplatin must be used with caution along with Genticyn 0.3% eye drops.
Storage and disposal of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
Store Genticyn 0.3% eye drops in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
- If you think you have instilled too much of Genticyn 0.3% eye drops, wipe out the extra quantity with cotton and tissue.
- If you feel any undesirable symptoms due to over-application, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of Genticyn 0.3% eye drops, instil it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I accidentally swallow Genticyn 0.3% eye drops?
A: If you accidentally swallow some of Genticyn 0.3% eye drops, then contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
Q: Can Genticyn 0.3% eye drops be used with contact lenses?
A: No, it is advisable to remove contact lenses and then instil Genticyn 0.3% eye drops. You can use the lenses 15 minutes after instiling the drops.
Other Variants for
Genticyn 0.3% Eye Drops
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved