Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
Fortagesic 500mg Tablet Description
Fortagesic 500 mg is a pain reliever medicine in the form of a tablet. Fortagesic 500 mg pills are painkillers combination medication for redness and swelling. It enables the body to repair and avoid
more tissue damage. People perceive pain in various ways, ranging from tolerable to unbearable. Treatment of pain and inflammation in muscle pains, menstrual cramps, backache, joint pain and toothache are other uses of Fortagesic 500 mg tablets. Fortagesic 500 mg tablet is a mixture of two pain-relieving medications: Acetaminophen and Pentazocine. It is useful in treating fever, body ache, bony pains and ear and throat pain. Some of the most common side effects of this Fortagesic 500 mg tablet include nausea, vomiting, constipation, weakness, and mouth dryness. Contact your doctor if you experience any side effects that do not go away or worsen. Your physician may be able to assist you in avoiding or reducing the symptoms. It is possible to take Fortagesic 500 mg tablets with or without food. Continue taking the medication even if you feel better until your doctor says it's safe to stop. When taken as soon as the first signs of pain appear, Fortagesic 500 mg tablet efficiently reduces moderate to severe pain in illnesses such as menstrual cramps, arthritis, headaches, and muscular pains. It works by decreasing pain-causing chemicals in the body. This relieves pain and discomfort, thereby improving your quality of life. For pain management, take a Fortagesic 500 mg tablet by mouth as advised by your doctor, usually every 4 to 6 hours as needed. Consult your doctor before taking the medicine if you have any other medical conditions. It may interfere with or be affected by other medications you are taking, so be sure your doctor is aware of them.
|You Save||₹24.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Pentazocine(15.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain reliever, Muscle pains, Joint pains, Toothache, Earache, Muscular cramps, Menstrual cramps|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion, Heartburn, Stomach pain, Loss of appetite, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Sleepiness|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
- According to CDSCO, Fortagesic 500 mg tablet is used in the following cases:
- For pain relief
- For treatment of fever
- In reducing muscular pain and cramps like backache
- In reducing joint pains, menstrual cramps
- In alleviating pains like toothache, throat pain and earaches
Contraindications of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
- Fortagesic 500 mg tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have a known allergy to Acetaminophen or Pentazocine
- If you have stomach ulcers or gastroesophageal reflux disease
- If you have survived heart failure
- If you have liver illness
- If you have epilepsy or have a history of fits
Side effects of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
- Fortagesic 500 mg tablet has the following side effects:
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You develop symptoms like agitation, hallucinations, sweating, shivering, high heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, or loss of coordination.
- You are children under 18 because it has not been clinically proven.
- You have kidney ailments.
- You feel constipated while taking the Fortagesic 500 mg tablet.
Mode of Action of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
- Check the label before usage.
- Consult your doctor to determine the Fortagesic tablets dosage and duration.
- Swallow the Fortagesic 500 mg tablet with water instead of crushing or chewing it.
- Do not take more than the suggested amount.
- Do not stop taking Fortagesic 500 mg suddenly, even if your symptoms improve.
Interactions of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Fortagesic 500 mg pills may interact with antihypertensive medicines by increasing blood pressure.
- When ketoconazole is combined with Fortagesic 500 mg pills, the side effects can become more severe and perhaps fatal.
- Metformin, an anti-diabetic medicine, interacts with opioids, albeit only to a little extent.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors can make Fortagesic 500 mg pills' adverse effects worse.
- Antiepileptic medications can cause adverse responses when administered with Fortagesic 500 mg pills.
Interactions with food items
- No food interaction between Fortagesic 500 mg tablets with food substances is known.
Storage and disposal of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
Dosage of Fortagesic 500mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Fortagesic 500 mg tablet a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication ?
Q: Is the Fortagesic 500 mg tablet an addictive medicine?
Q: Does taking a Fortagesic 500 mg tablet cause constipation?
- Talacen (pentazocine/acetaminophen) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. http://reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs.com. [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from
- Paracetamol Tablets 500mg (POM) [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from
- Org.uk. [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J) [Internet]. 80 (5 Suppl):S189-98.2004 [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from: