Doxt 100mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Doxt 100 tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing doxycycline as its active ingredient. It is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections of the eyes, skin, respiratory tract, urinary tract, etc. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with Doxt 100 and not stop it mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor. This medicine should not be used during tooth development (last half of pregnancy; infancy and childhood to the age of 8 years) as it may cause permanent discolouration of the teeth (yellow-grey-brown)....
|You Save||₹2.81 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Doxycycline(100.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Doxt 100mg Tablet
Uses of Doxt 100 MG
Doxt 100 tablet is used in the treatment of urinary tract infection and respiratory tract infections like pneumonia, eye infection, and skin infection like acne, sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and other infections like travellers diarrhoea, leptospirosis, malaria, tick fever, etc....
Contraindications of Doxt 100 MG
- If you are allergic to doxycycline or any of the ingredient of Doxt 100 tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Doxt 100 MG
- Sensitivity to light
Precautions and Warnings of Doxt 100 MG
Can I take Doxt 100 tablet during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy. It may affect the teeth or bone development of the foetus. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Doxt 100 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment, as it passes into the breastmilk. It may cause permanent teeth discoloration. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Doxt 100 tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Doxt 100 tablet?
Alcohol reduces the activity of this medicine. It is advised to avoid alcohol intake during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from prolonged diarrhoea.
- You suffer from porphyria (a rare blood disorder) or muscle weakness.
- You have kidney or liver problems, it should be administered with caution in such patients.
- You suffer from swelling and pain in the large intestine due to the overgrowth of Clostridium difficile bacteria.
- You are giving this medicine to children below 12 years, as there is a risk of permanent teeth discoloration.
- You suffer from autoimmune disease when the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body (Systemic lupus erythematosus).
- You experience severe skin reactions like skin rashes, and fever (systemic lupus erythematosus), this medicine should be discontinued quickly.
- You should avoid exposure to strong sunlight during the treatment as it may cause more sensitivity, the doctor may discontinue Doxt 100 tablet.
- You may have symptoms like increased pressure inside the brain, laziness, tiredness, dizziness, mood change (Benign intracranial hypertension). So concomitant use of isotretinoin should be avoided in such a situation....
Mode of Action of Doxt 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Doxt 100 tablet is an antibiotic. It inhibits the synthesis of essential proteins required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions, which ultimately stops bacterial growth. Thereby, it helps in curing the infection....
Directions for Use of Doxt 100 MG
This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break, or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food or milk. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Doxt 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Doxt 100 along with antiepileptic medicines like carbamazepine or phenytoin and antidepressants like diazepam, alprazolam should be avoided as doctor might increase the dose of this medicine....
- When it is used along with anticoagulants like warfarin, it can increase the clotting time, as doctor may reduce the dose accordingly.
- Antibiotics like penicillin or antacids can interfere with the activity of Doxt 100 tablet.
- Oral contraceptives may cause bleeding.
- Methoxyflurane along with Doxt 100 tablet can cause kidney impairment.
- Anti-acne medicine like isotretinoin can lead to increased pressure inside the brain.
Interactions with food items
- Calcium supplements or milk should not be taken along with this medicine, as it may impair the efficacy of Doxt 100 tablet.
- The gap for one to two hours should be there between administering doxycycline and these supplements.
Storage and disposal of Doxt 100 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Doxt 100 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Doxt 100 tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Doxt 100 tablet?
- Your doctor should be informed about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or, planning to have a baby
- This medicine may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine...
Q: When should I take Doxt 100?
A: Doxt 100 tablet should be taken with a glass of water as prescribed by your doctor. You should take this medicine with meals to avoid stomach upset.
Q: Can I stop taking Doxt 100 tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment with tab Doxt 100 even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat (antibiotic resistance) and may result in re-infection.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Doxycycline Capsules BP 100mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Doryx Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Doxycycline Capsules BP 100mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.