Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
By RIDLEY LIFE SCIENCE PRIVATE LIMITED
8 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets is an antibiotic medicine containing doxycycline as its active ingredient. It is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections of the eyes, skin, respiratory tract, urinary tract, etc. This medicine should be used under medical prescription, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
Uses of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets is used in the treatment of urinary tract infection and respiratory tract infections like pneumonia, eye infection, and skin infection like acne, sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and other infections like travellers diarrhoea, leptospirosis, malaria, tick fever, etc.
Contraindications of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
- If you are allergic to doxycycline or any of the ingredient of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
- Sensitivity to light
- Severe allergic reactions like difficulty in breathing, chest pain, fever, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, rashes, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
Can I take Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy. It may affect the teeth or bone development of the foetus. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment, as it passes into the breastmilk. It may cause permanent teeth discoloration. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets?
Alcohol reduces the activity of this medicine. It is advised to avoid alcohol intake during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may suffer from prolonged diarrhoea.
- You may suffer from porphyria (a rare blood disorder) or muscle weakness.
- You have kidney or liver problems, it should be administered with caution in such patients.
- You may suffer from swelling and pain in the large intestine due to the overgrowth of Clostridium difficile bacteria.
- You are giving this medicine to children below 12 years, as there is a risk of permanent teeth discoloration.
- You may suffer from autoimmune disease when the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body (Systemic lupus erythematosus).
- You experience severe skin reactions like skin rashes, and fever (systemic lupus erythematosus), this medicine should be discontinued quickly.
- You should avoid exposure to strong sunlight during the treatment as it may cause more sensitivity, the doctor may discontinue Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets.
- You may have symptoms like increased pressure inside the brain, laziness, tiredness, dizziness, mood change (Benign intracranial hypertension). So concomitant use of isotretinoin should be avoided in such a situation.Read less
Mode of Action of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets is an antibiotic. It inhibits the synthesis of essential proteins required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions, which ultimately stops bacterial growth. Thereby, it helps in curing the infection.
Directions for Use of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break, or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food or milk. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antiepileptic medicines like carbamazepine or phenytoin and antidepressants like diazepam, alprazolam should be avoided as doctor might increase the dose of this medicineRead less
- When it is used along with anticoagulants like warfarin, it can increase the clotting time, as doctor may reduce the dose accordingly
- Antibiotics like penicillin or antacids can interfere with the activity of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
- Oral contraceptives may cause bleeding
- Methoxyflurane along with Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets can cause kidney impairment
- Anti-acne medicine like isotretinoin can lead to increased pressure inside the brain
Interactions with food items
- Calcium supplements or milk should not be taken along with this medicine, as it may impair the efficacy of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets.
- The gap for one to two hours should be there between administering doxycycline and these supplements.
Storage and disposal of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a dry place
- Keep it out of the sight of children and pets
Dosage of Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Doxrid 100 Strip Of 8 Tablets?
- Your doctor should be informed about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or, planning to have a baby
- This medicine may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicineRead less
Last Updated on: 19 Mar 2021 | 04:12 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved