Cresp 200mcg Inj 1ml
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
1ml Injection in Pre Filled Syringe
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cresp Injection contains Darbepoetin alfa as it's active medicine. It is used in the treatment of anaemia (low haemoglobin level in blood) due to long term kidney disease and medication (chemotherapy) used in the treatment of certain types of cancer. Cresp works by increasing the production of red blood cells in bone marrow (soft and spongy tissue inside of bones, where blood is formed). This Injection will be administered to you by a healthcare professional such as doctor or nurse ay hospital or clinc....
|You Save||₹1902.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Darbepoetin Alfa(200.0 Mcg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Darbepoetin Alfa(200.0 Mcg)
Uses of Cresp 200 MCG
It is used in the treatment of anaemia (low haemoglobin level in blood) due to long term kidney disease and medication (chemotherapy) used in the treatment of certain types of cancers.
Contraindications of Cresp 200 MCG
- If you are allergic to Darbepoetin alfa or any other ingredients of Cresp Injection.
- If you have high blood pressure which is not under control.
- If you have a medical condition called pure red cell aplasia where there is a problem in the formation of mature red blood cells due to this medicine or other medicines use to increase the production of red blood cells....
Side effects of Cresp 200 MCG
- Increased blood pressure
- Thromboembolism (blood clot formation in the blood vessel)
- Loose motion
- Pain in stomach
- Body pain
- Pain, redness, swelling, itching at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Cresp 200 MCG
Can I take Cresp Injection during pregnancy?
There is no adequate data for the effects of Cresp Injection on unborn babies, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Cresp Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if components of Cresp Injection pass in breastmilk or not. This medicine should be taken by lactating mother only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Cresp Injection?
Cresp Injection can cause fits, especially during the first few months of treatment. Avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cresp Injection?
Consuming alcohol while taking Cresp Injection can increase risk of seizure. Avoid alcohol if you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart disease.
- Your blood pressure is high.
- You have a seizure disorder.
- You have cancer.
- You have scheduled surgery relating to heart (CABG surgery) and bone (orthopaedic surgery).
- You have breathing difficulty, chest pain, increase sweating, confusion, dizziness, severe headache, weakness, vision problem after taking Cresp Injection.
Mode of Action of Cresp 200 MCG
How Does It Work?
It works by increasing the production of red blood cells in bone marrow (soft and spongy tissue inside of bones, where blood is formed).
Directions for Use of Cresp 200 MCG
- Cresp Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Cresp 200 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Cresp 200 MCG
- Store Cresp Injection at a temperature of 2°C to 8°C. Keep this medicine away from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not freeze. Do not shake.
Dosage of Cresp 200 MCG
- Cresp Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital. Symptoms of overdose include high blood pressure. overdose can cause increased haemoglobin in blood above the desired level....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does it take to increase haemoglobin level after starting treatment with Cresp Injection?
A: It takes around 2 to 6 weeks for rise in haemoglobin level in blood after starting treatment with Cresp Injection.
Q: Is Cresp Injection used always for treatment of anemia?
A: Cresp Injection is used only if anaemia is due to long term kidney disease (chronic kidney disease) and medication (chemotherapy) use for treatment of cancer (excluding cancer of bone marrow and blood cells).
Q: Does Cresp Injection cause high blood pressure?
A: Cresp Injection can cause high blood pressure especially in patients having long term kidney disease. This is due to the quick increase of red blood cells in the first 3 months after starting treatment with this medicine.
Q: Is Cresp Injection use in treatment of cancer?
A: Cresp Injection is not used for the treatment of cancer. It is used in treatment of anemia (low haemoglobin count) due to medication use in treatment of cancer excluding cancer of bone marrow and red blood cells.
- Drugs H. Darbepoetin Alfa Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Aranesp (Darbepoetin alfa) Injection [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Aranesp solution for injection in pre-filled pen (SureClick) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Aranesp solution for injection in pre-filled pen (SureClick) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.