Cilanem 250mg Inj
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
Inclusive of all taxes
This product is discontinued
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cilanem 250mg Inj is a combination of Imipenem and Cilastatin. It is an antibiotic medicine.
Uses of Cilanem 250mg Inj
For the treatment of infection of the lung, airways, urinary tract, bones, joints, stomach and surrounding organs like pancreas, liver, gallbladder, etc. It is also used for the treatment of infection in the inner lining of the heart and blood infections
Contraindications of Cilanem 250mg Inj
- If you are allergic to Imipenem, Cilastatin or any ingredients of this injection
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Meropenem, Biapenem and Doripenem
Side effects of Cilanem 250mg Inj
- Nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach discomforts
- Low blood pressure, fever, fits, dizziness and sleepiness
- Itching, rashes and skin allergies
Precautions and Warnings of Cilanem 250mg Inj
Can I take Cilanem 250mg Inj during pregnancy?
The components of this injection can be harmful during pregnancy. It should only be taken during pregnancy if no other alternatives are available and potential benefit outweighs the associated risk.
Can I take Cilanem 250mg Inj while breastfeeding?
The components of this injection passes in breast milk in small amounts. Keep a watch for the symptoms of fungal infection of mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cilanem 250mg Inj?
You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this injection. Thus, it is advised not to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Cilanem 250mg Inj?
It is advised not to consume alcohol when you have taken this injection. This medicine and alcohol can cause adverse effects like dizziness, drowsiness and stomach upset.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience any allergic reactions which can be sometimes very serious, reach out to the emergency department immediately
- If you experience fits, mental confusion or you have a previous history or brain disease
- If you experience black tarry stools and watery diarrhoea after taking this injection
- If you experience other infections while on treatment with this medicine
- If you have a pre-existing liver disorder or develops after taking this injection
- If you have kidney disease, your dose needs to be reduced in that case
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children, especially with kidney problem
Mode of Action of Cilanem 250mg Inj
How Does It Work?
Imipenem works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection by interrupting the formation of cell wall. Cilastatin helps imipenem work more effectively by preventing its metabolism by enzymes in kidneys and maintains its optimal levels to fight against infections.
Directions for Use of Cilanem 250mg Inj
- This medicine comes as an injection and it will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Cilanem 250mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience fits if you are taking an antiviral medicine like Ganciclovir
- Medicines like Valproic acid used to treat fits may not be able to control fits
- Increased chances of bleeding with Warfarin which can stop blood clotting
- Medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid
Storage and disposal of Cilanem 250mg Inj
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Do not freeze the reconstituted solution
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly
Dosage of Cilanem 250mg Inj
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection in a hospital setting. Therefore, it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine. If you experience any unwanted effects like fits, confusion, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure and heart rate after taking this injection, inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that a dose may be missed, as this injection is administered in a hospital or clinic. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed to give a scheduled dose of this injection, inform them immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is antibiotic-associated diarrhoea? Does it occur with Cilanem 250mg Inj?
A: Antibiotic-associated diarrhoea refers to passing loose, watery and tarry stools three or more times a day after taking antibiotics. Yes, it occurs with all strong antibiotics and with Cilanem 250mg Inj too. It occurs due to bacterial imbalance in the intestine due to antibiotic treatment.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Cilanem 250mg Inj?
A: Kidney function test, liver function test and blood picture assessment needs to be done routinely while on treatment with Cilanem 250mg Inj. Kidney function needs to be tested before starting therapy. The maximum dosage in a day should not exceed 4 g and this medicine should not be used in children weighing less than 30 kg.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved