Canesten Powder 50gm
By BAYER PHARMACEUTICALS
50g Dusting Powder in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Canesten Powder 50gm is an antifungal medicine used to treat yeast infections of the ear, skin, oral cavity, vagina, and ringworm infections.
Uses of Canesten Powder 50gm
Canesten Powder 50gm uses include treatment of skin infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm and other fungal skin infections (candidiasis). This medication is also used to treat pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a skin condition, a fungal infection that causes darkening or lightening of the skin of the neck, arms, legs or chest.
Contraindications of Canesten Powder 50gm
Do not use Canesten Powder 50gm if you are allergic to its components.
Side effects of Canesten Powder 50gm
- Canesten Powder 50gm side effects include swelling, burning, stinging, redness, irritation, pimple-like bumps, tenderness or treated skin flaking. If any of these effects worsen or persist, bring it to the notice of your doctor or pharmacist promptly.read less
- If your doctor has directed you to use this medication, remember that he or she has judged that its benefit to you is greater than the side effect risks. Serious side effects are not seen in many people using this medication.read less
- Tell your doctor immediately if any of such side effects occur like blistering, oozing, or open sores.
- A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it does occur. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the tongue/throat/face), severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.read less
Precautions and Warnings of Canesten Powder 50gm
Can I take Canesten Powder 50gm during pregnancy?
It is probably safe to be used in pregnancy. You may use it after consulting your doctor.
Can I take Canesten Powder 50gm while breastfeeding?
It is unlikely to affect the breastfed infant. It can be used with breastfeeding if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have applied Canesten Powder 50gm?
Driving does not pose a threat until and unless the patient suffers from dizziness or low blood pressure as a consequential effect of Canesten Powder 50gm powder.
Can I consume alcohol with Canesten Powder 50gm?
No interaction with alcohol is reported.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Avoid Canesten Powder 50gm if there is a known allergic reaction to imidazoles. Tell your doctor before taking clotrimazole if you have liver disease, diabetes mellitus or AIDS
Mode of Action of Canesten Powder 50gm
Canesten Powder 50gm is an azole antifungal that prevents fungal growth. Canesten Powder 50gm kills fungal cells by altering the permeability of their cell wall. It binds to phospholipids in the cell membrane and inhibits certain processes required for cell membrane production. This leads to cell death via loss of intracellular elements.
Directions for Use of Canesten Powder 50gm
- Use this medication on the skin only. Clean and dry the treatment area thoroughly. Apply this medication to the affected skin, usually two times a day or as directed by your doctor. The length of treatment and dosage depends on the infection type being treated. Do not apply this more than what is prescribed.read less
- Apply enough medication to the affected area to cover it and also some of the surrounding skin. Wash your hands after applying this medication. Do not cover, wrap or bandage the area unless your doctor directs you to do so.read less
- Do not apply this medication in the nose, eyes, mouth or vagina.
- Use this medication regularly to get the maximum benefit from it. Remember to use it on all days at the same time.
- Continue to take this medication until the amount prescribed is fully finished, even if symptoms disappear after starting Canesten Powder 50gm dosage. If the medication is stopped too early, it may allow the fungus to continue growing, which may result in infection relapse.read less
- Inform your doctor if your condition continues after treatment for 4 weeks or worsens at any time.
Interactions of Canesten Powder 50gm
Interactions with other medicines
- One must tell their doctor about the consumption of regular drugs, including vitamins and herbal supplements. If Canesten Powder 50gm powder affects one of the existing medicines, then one may become more susceptible to the drugs' side effects or this medicine may become ineffective. It is known for condom interaction.read less
- Interactions with drugs: Amphotericin
Interactions with food items
There are no food interactions for local application.
Other general Interactions
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome: This medicine should be administered with caution in patients with immune disorders such as Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) since the safety and efficacy of this medicine are not clinically established in patients with such conditions.
Storage and disposal of Canesten Powder 50gm
- It is advisable to keep the medicine in a dry and cool place away from children's reach.
- The medicine must be kept at room temperatures, away from heat and direct sunlight.
Dosage of Canesten Powder 50gm
One must get in touch with a certified medical practitioner in case powder overdose is suspected, especially if the topical form of medicine is swallowed. Immediate supportive measures for overdose are to be provided including airway clearance, gastric lavage, etc. Since treatment is symptom-based, patients are usually kept in a medical facility under supervision with regular monitoring.
The missed dose must be used as soon as they remember it. Skipping the missed dose makes sense if it is already time for the next scheduled dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any precautions to be taken before starting Canesten Powder 50gm?
A: Before taking this drug, you should tell your doctor if you have liver disease, diabetes mellitus, alcoholism or AIDS. Do not swallow the powder and avoid contact with eyes. If you have a vaginal infection, you should avoid sexual intercourse for the time being.
Q: What should I know regarding storage of medication?
A: Store it at room temperature and keep away from excess heat and moisture.
Q: Is Canesten Powder 50gm powder addictive or habit-forming?
A: Although most medicines do not come with addictive tendencies or potential health hazards, it is best to read the product package carefully. Drugs that belong to specialised categories as prescribed by the government like schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US have specific effects and ingredients. It is also advisable to maintain overall hygiene on a daily basis to to stay naturally healthy and minimise dependency on such medicines.
Q: If the condition is severe, should one use the Canesten Powder 50gm powder more frequently?
A: The doctor informs the patient the number of times the powder needs to be used in the course of a day. The patient must not exceed this limit. If overdosed, (some of the telling signs of overdose are nausea, vomiting, extreme dizziness, fever, stomach cramps and difficulty in breathing) the patient should visit a clinic immediately because it can lead to drug poisoning.
Q: Should I stop Canesten Powder 50gm powder when I notice my symptoms subsiding?
A: No, Canesten Powder 50gm powder usage should not be stopped midway. Its application should be continued till the end of the course. If the medicine is stopped before finishing the course, the infection might recur because of incomplete destruction of the microbial organism. For the second time, effect of the powder might be less against the infection causing agents.
Other Variants for
Canesten Powder 50gm
- Canesten Cream 30 Gm
- Canesten Powder 100 Gm
- Canesten Cream 15 Gm
- Canesten Bottle Of 15 Ml Solution
- Canesten Bottle Of 30 Ml Solution
- Canesten Vag Cream 30 Gm
- Canesten Vag Cream 15 Gm
- Canesten 200 Mg Tablet 6
- Canesten 500 Mg Tablet 1
- Canesten 1 Lotion 30 Ml
- Canesten 100 Mg Tablet 3
- Canesten V 1 Tab
- Canesten 20 Mg Cream 30 Gm
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved