C Mox 1gm Tablets
By MERIDIAN ENTERPRISES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
C Mox 1gm Tablets Description
C Mox Tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. It is a combination medicin
e containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, which belongs to the class of antibiotics. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹63.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxicillin + Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxicillin + Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)
Uses of C Mox 1gm Tablets
C Mox Tablet is used to treat various types of infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone, tooth and joint infections.
Contraindications of C Mox 1gm Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of C Mox Tablet.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
Side effects of C Mox 1gm Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of C Mox 1gm Tablets
Can I take C Mox Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take C Mox Tablet during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your doctor. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take C Mox Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking C Mox Tablet as its components pass into the breastmilk & are known to cause fungal infections of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed C Mox Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken C Mox Tablet as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with C Mox Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with C Mox Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver problems.
- You are above 60 years.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with C Mox Tablet.
Mode of Action of C Mox 1gm Tablets
How Does It Work?
- C Mox Tablet works by the combined action of its two components.
- Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of C Mox 1gm Tablets
- C Mox Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of C Mox 1gm Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way C Mox Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, it is advised to monitor the blood tests like PT-INR regularly.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify an immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with C Mox Tablet....
Storage and disposal of C Mox 1gm Tablets
- Store C Mox Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of C Mox 1gm Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of C Mox Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does C Mox Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect of C Mox Tablet but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: How long does it take for C Mox Tablet to show its effects?
A: C Mox Tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Q: How many times should I take C Mox Tablet in a day?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of C Mox Tablet depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, kindly refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take it in excess or less.
- Augmentin Tablets USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed