Bonista Inj Vail
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
3ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The active medicinal constituent of Bonista Injection is teriparatide. It is a synthetic version of the hormone produced by the parathyroid gland. It is given to individuals who have osteoporosis espe
cially women after menopause and are prone to fractures. This medicine is given by a doctor or a nurse. Self-injection should not be done....
Uses of Bonista Inj Vail
It is used in adults to prevent and treat bone weakening (osteoporosis).
Contraindications of Bonista Inj Vail
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. If you have problems with your kidney. If you have a condition of high calcium levels in the body. If you have
any bone diseases. If you had any radiation therapy. If you have high levels of liver enzymes in your blood. If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby. If you are breastfeeding....
Side effects of Bonista Inj Vail
- Loss of energy
- Muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeats
- Shortness of breath
- Low haemoglobin
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Bonista Inj Vail
Can I take Bonista Injection during pregnancy?
This medicine is contraindicated during pregnancy, thus it should not be used. If you are pregnant or think you may be, you should discontinue this medicine and consult your doctor immediately. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming this medicine. You should consult your doctor, if you think you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby, before taking this medicine.
Can I take Bonista Injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bonista Injection?
This medicine may cause dizziness and drowsiness. Hence, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Bonista Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have high levels of calcium in your body or you have nausea, vomiting, constipation, low energy, or muscle weakness.
- You have kidney stones or any other problems with your kidney.
- After the first few doses of this medicine, you may feel dizzy or experience an increase in heartbeats, you should sit or lie down immediately.
- This medicine should not be used in patients below 18 years.
Mode of Action of Bonista Inj Vail
How Does It Work?
Teriparatide is similar to a natural hormone in the body and it works by increasing the bone strength and thickness.
Directions for Use of Bonista Inj Vail
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Bonista Inj Vail
Interactions with other medicines
Be cautious when taken along with medicines used to treat heart diseases like digoxin, as it may cause harmful effects.
Storage and disposal of Bonista Inj Vail
- Store it in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C).
- You should not freeze.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different coloured in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Bonista Inj Vail
This medication will be given by a nurse or a doctor, so overdose is unlikely. However, if you experience symptoms such as dizziness on standing up, headache, nausea, vomiting, then inform the nurse o
r doctor immediately. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
This medicine will be injected by a nurse or a doctor. So, the chances of missing a dose are very low. However, if you feel a dose has been missed inform the nurse or doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: What is Osteoporosis?
- Osteoporosis is a disorder associated with bones. This usually occurs in postmenopausal women but may also occur in adults with low levels of calcium. It occurs due to loss of calcium from bones, making the bones highly fragile. This condition increases the risk of fractures and may lead to other complications....Read more
Last Updated on: 06 Apr 2021 | 10:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved