Atorva Md 80mg Tab
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Atorva Md 80mg Tab contains atorvastatin, a medicine belonging to the statin family. It is used to control level of cholesterol in the body.
Uses of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
- The medicine along with exercise and a balanced diet helps to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke
- It reduces the chances of heart surgery in people suffering from heart diseases
- It is used to reduce bad cholesterol in the body which is also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL)
Contraindications of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
- Allergic to this medicine
- Under medication for hepatitis
- Liver disease or abnormal liver tests
Side effects of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
- Common side effects of Atorva Md 80mg Tab include headache, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, joint pain, muscle pain, back pain, throat pain, nose bleed
- Rare side effects include lack of appetite, allergies, lack of sleep, dizziness,numbness, itching and rashes, existing liver disease can be aggravated
- Serious side effects are severe muscle pain, fever, acute kidney failure, blistering of skin, mouth, eyes and genitals; swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
Not recommended if you are pregnant or if you are planning pregnancy.
Can I take this tablet while breast-feeding?
Breast-feeding mothers should not take this medicine.
Can I drive after taking this tablet?
The medicine does not have any effect on your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Avoid excess consumption of alcohol while taking the tablets as it can increase the risk of liver damage. Consult you doctor about the consumption of alcoholic beverages and the permitted limit
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to this medicine
- You have liver disease or the possibility of liver disease
- You are undergoing any surgery, including dental surgeries
- You consume alcohol on a daily basis
- You are of 65 years or above
- You have any of these conditions: muscle aches, weakness, diabetes, seizures, low blood pressure, thyroid problems or kidney disease
Mode of Action of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine prevents cholesterol inducing enzymes in the body. It lowers bad cholesterol levels and helps increase good cholesterol.
Directions for Use of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
Atorva Md 80mg Tab is a tablet that is to be consumed orally. Follow directions of use on the label carefully and consult your physician for dosage.
Interactions of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Increased risk of muscle breakdown when the medicine is used with other cholesterol-lowering medicines like gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe
- Avoid use of Atorva Md 80mg Tab with fusidic acid or within 7 days of discontinuing fusidic acid as it may lead to an increased risk of muscle breakdown
- Check lipid levels consistently. The lowest necessary dose of the medicine is to be consumed if you are on medicines such as amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil
- Medicines such as itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin , ciclosporin , ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir/ritonavir etc. could lead to an increased concentration of this medicine in the blood and cause serious side effectsread less
- Avoid consumption of the medicine if you are on hepatitis C medicines such as: glecaprevir/pibrentasvir
Interactions with food items
- Avoid intake of large quantities of grapefruit juice while on this medicine [more than 1.2 litre (approximately 1 quart) per day]
- Low-fat, low-cholesterol diet is advised with plenty of exercise
Storage and disposal of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
- The tablets can be stored in the container/packaging it comes in, tightly closed, and away from children
- The medicine should be stored at room temperature away form excess heat or moisture
- Avoid storing the tablets in the bathroom
Dosage of Atorva Md 80mg Tab
Immediate medical attention is required if the patient overdoses, has collapsed, had a seizure, has trouble breathing, or is unconscious. Look out for side effects of the medicine in case of suspected overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the medicine, keep in mind that it can be taken if you have 12 hours or more before the next scheduled dose. Do not double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine? When and how is the medicine to be taken?
A: Try to take the medicine at a fixed time everyday, associating it with any routine task during the day will help you remember. It can be taken orally each day with water. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: What is the duration of treatment when I am taking this medicine?
A: Your doctor will inform you based on a number of factors and tests.
Q: What is the recommended dosage for Atorva Md 80mg Tab?
A: Consult your doctor on the appropriate dosage before taking this medicine.
Q: Is this medicine safe for the elderly?
A: The side effects of Atorva Md 80mg Tab can affect older adults more.
Q: Can I stop this medicine if I feel better?
A: Do not stop this medicine unless advised by your doctor.
Other Variants for
Atorva Md 80mg Tab
- Atorva 10 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Atorva 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 20 Mg Tab 15 S
- Atorva 20 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 5 Mg Tab 15 S
- Atorva 80 Mg Tablet
- Atorva 5 Mg Tablet
- Atorva 20 Wp Tab
- Atorva 40 Mg Tablet 30
- Atorva 10 Mg Tablet 30
- Atorva 20 Mg Tablet 30
- Atorva 5 Mg Tablet 4
- Atorva 40 Wp Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved