Atocor 40mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S consists of the salt atorvastatin. It belongs to the statin group of medicines. It is used to reduce bad cholesterol in the body, also referred to as low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Uses of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
- High cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Heart disease
Contraindications of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
- Liver disease, jaundice, hepatitis
- Pregnancy or planning to conceive
- Abnormal liver tests
- Allergy to atorvastatin
- Glecaprevir/pibrentasvir (used for treatment of hepatitis)
Side effects of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
- Common side effects of taking Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S are headache, joint pain, muscle pain, back pain, constipation, nausea, diarrhoea, throat pain, bleeding from the nose, abnormalities in blood tests for liver functioning and creatine kinase; in some cases, an existing liver condition could worsen so regular tests must be taken to prevent complicationsread less
- Rare side effects include feeling unwell, tiredness, loss of appetite, nightmares and inability to sleep, dizziness, numbness and tingling of fingers, allergic reactions, rashes and itching
- Serious side effects which require immediate medical attention include rhabdomyolysis (abnormal muscle breakdown) characterised by severe muscular pain and soreness accompanied by fever and dark coloured urine (later stages); the condition worsens to further breakdown of muscles and, ultimately, to kidney failure; it could even manifest as peeling, swelling and blistering of the skin, genitals, mouth and eyes along with feverread less
Precautions and Warnings of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
No, it is not safe to take the medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning to get pregnant.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
No, breastfeeding women should avoid the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
Yes, the medicine does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Excessive alcohol intake must be avoided when you are on this medicine as it may cause liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are currently on fusidic acid or have been on fusidic acid for the last seven days, the medicine must be avoided; have any kidney ailment; have muscle aches and pain or have a family history of muscle pain; have been on cholesterol-lowering medicines in the past and experienced muscular problems; are a heavy drinkerread less
Mode of Action of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
How Does It Work?
The statin composition of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S inhibits the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, which is responsible for the production of cholesterol. Thus, it lowers cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. Additionally, it also increases good cholesterol levels, also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
Directions for Use of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
Strictly as per the instruction of your doctor. Please avoid self-medication.
Interactions of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
Interactions with other medicines
- When used with other cholesterol-lowering medicines like gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe, it could lead to an increased risk of muscle breakdown
- When consumed with fusidic acid or within seven days of stopping fusidic acid, it could cause severe muscle breakdown
- When taken along with amiodarone, diltiazem, verapamil, lipid levels must be monitored, and the lowest dose of the medicine must be taken
- Itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, ciclosporin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir, ritonavir can increase the concentration of atorvastatin in the blood and cause serious side effectsread less
- Interactions have also been observed with medicines like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice adversely interacts with the medicine and, hence, the quantity of the juice consumed must be limited.
Other general Interactions
Not much information is available regarding the interaction of the medicine with the other conditions.
Storage and disposal of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
The medicine must be stored away from heat, light and moisture, at a temperature of 20 to 25 degrees centigrade. Keep it out of the reach of children. Do not consume the medicine beyond the expiry date mentioned. Consult your pharmacist about the correct method of disposal.
Dosage of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S
Taking the right dosage of Atocor 40mg Tab 30`S is very crucial. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, go ahead with the scheduled dose. Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What additional steps should I take when I am on this medicine?
- Avoid eating foods high in fat
- Exercise regularly
Q: What should I do if my daily schedule interferes with my taking this medicine?
- Try taking the medicine at the same time every day; connect to a daily task like brushing your teeth so that you do not forget
- Set an alarm to remind you about the medicine
- Mark it in a calendar
- Keep medicines in a pillbox which have the days of the week marked on them
Q: What should I inform my doctor before he prescribes these tablets?
A: Your doctor should know about your medical history and any additional medication you may be taking. Be especially careful to inform them if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have any liver/kidney ailment, are taking fusidic acid or are a heavy drinker.
Q: What should I know about the storage of the medicine?
A: Store the medicine in room temperature away from excess heat, light and moisture. 20 to 25 degrees centigrade is the ideal storage temperature.
Q: When and how should the medicine be consumed?
A: It should be taken at a fixed time each day, with or without food. Consult your doctor for exact dosage instructions.
Other Products from this Brand
- Atocor 10 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 20 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atocor 5 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 80 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 10 Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Tab 10 S
- Atocor 20 Mg Tab 30 S
- Atocor 80 Mg Tablet
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved