Atocor 20mg Tab 30`s
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The uses of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S include decreasing the levels of bad cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL) from the body. It belongs to a statin group of medicine, which is composed of atorvastatin.
Uses of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
- Hypercholesterolemia or high cholesterol
- Hypertriglyceridemia, excess of triglycerides
- Strokes from reoccurring in individuals with heart conditions
Contraindications of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
- Allergies to atorvastatin
- Any liver disease - hepatitis or jaundice
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Pregnancy or planning a pregnancy
- Undertreatment for a liver condition
Side effects of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
- Joint pain
- Nose bleed
- throat pain
- Muscle pain
- Lack of appetite
- Allergic reactions
- Nightmares, inability to sleep
- Dizziness, numbness or tingling in the fingers
- Rash and itching
- Feeling unwell or tired
Precautions and Warnings of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
Can I take Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S during pregnancy?
Atorvastatin should not be taken during pregnancy.
Can I take Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S while breastfeeding?
Atorvastion is not advised to breastfeeding mothers. A consultation is needed to find alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S?
Driving is considered safe while taking atorvastatin.
Can I consume alcohol with Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S?
Consuming alcohol is not advised, as taking them together can damage the liver.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Individuals who have hepatitis are advised not to take up the medication
- In case of jaundice, it is recommended to avoid atorvastatin as it may result in liver damage or even failure of the organ
Mode of Action of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is produced by the HMG-CoA reductase enzyme. Atorvastatin works by inhibiting this enzyme which, in turn, controls the cholesterol level.
Directions for Use of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
It is advised to follow the dosage of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S as recommended by the doctor.
Interactions of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Those who are taking fusidic acid are recommended to do so in proper separation after taking atorvastatin. An individual must at least wait for a week to take fusidic acid
- Erythromycin results in an increased concentration of atorvastatin in the blood, which can lead to increased side effects
- Taking Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S while on HIV medications can result in heightened side effects
Interactions with food items
It is recommended to cut back on grapefruit juice to prevent side effects of the medicine.
Other general Interactions
It must be made clear by an individual if they have a family history or themselves suffered from any muscular condition in the past, as atorvastatin can have adverse effects on the muscles.
Storage and disposal of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
The medicine should be stored at room temperature and kept away from moisture or direct sunlight.
Dosage of Atocor 20mg Tab 30`S
If an individual is suspected of an overdose, he/she should be taken to a doctor to prevent any complication. The most common signs of an overdose can be a loss of appetite, nose bleeds, or coughing up blood.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose can increase the condition, so it is advised to make up for a missed dose by taking it as soon as possible. It is to be kept in mind to have at least 12 hours in between the dose to prevent a double dose or overdose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why is it advised to cut back on grapefruit juice while on atorvastatin?
A: It is advised so because grapefruit juice results in an increased concentration of medicine in the body, which results in increased side effects.
Q: Is the medicine a safe prescription for diabetic individuals?
A: Atorvastatin is known to increase the blood sugar levels. It is advised to closely monitor the levels while on this medication.
Q: How does the withdrawal from the prescription affects the individual?
A: Withdrawing from the prescription with a doctor's advice can be safe. However, if not, it can increase the levels of cholesterol leading to a stroke.
Q: How does atorvastatin affect contraception?
A: Atorvastatin does not affect the working of contraceptives. However, it can increase the risk of side effects of the medicine.
Q: Is it safe to take aspirin along with atorvastatin?
A: No, taking them together increases the risk of liver damage.
Other Products from this Brand
- Atocor 10 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atocor 5 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 20 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 80 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 10 Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Tab 10 S
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor Activ 10 Mg Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved