Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By UCB INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atarax 10mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine that is used for the management of allergic skin conditions. It contains hydroxyzine as the active ingredient. It works by blocking the action of a subs
tance called histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Thus, hydroxyzine helps in improving symptoms such as itching, swelling, redness, rashes, scaly and patchy skin. The use of this medicine should be done precautiously in elderly patients as the side effects may intensify....
Uses of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Atarax 10mg tablet is used for the management of skin allergies such as pruritus (itching), urticaria (rash or hives) and eczema (patches, itchy and cracked skin).
Contraindications of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to hydroxyzine, anti-allergic medicines, or any other ingredients of this tablet.
- If you have irregular heart rhythms and a family history of sudden death due to heart disorder.
- If you have or had cardiovascular disease or your heart rate is very low.
- If you have liver or kidney failure.
- If you have an eye disorder such as narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you have a prostate problem with urine retention problem.
- If you are on any medicine used to treat a brain-related disorder such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors like seleginine, phenelzine.
- If your child is below 12 months of age.
- If you have porphyria (a disease that causes stomach pain, constipation, change in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbing behaviour).
- If you are pregnant, may be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Atarax 10mg tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take the Atarax 10mg tablet during pregnancy as it crosses the placenta barrier and may cause harm to the baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, inform your doctor immediately and discontinue the medicine.
Can I take the Atarax 10mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it may harm the baby. Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue the medicine or not after assessing the benefit of treatment to the mother and breastfeeding to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Atarax 10mg tablet?
Atarax 10mg tablet make you drowsy and make you feel less alert than usual for the first few days of use. If you experience these effects, do not drive or operate machinery until these effects are gone.
Can I consume alcohol with the Atarax 10mg tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with this medicine because the sedative effects of alcohol may be increased.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems such as palpitations or trouble breathing after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney disease or are on dialysis or have a liver function problem.
- You have an enlarged prostate or pain and difficulty in passing urine.
- You have an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have any disease related to the stomach, intestine or have ulcers.
- You have week muscles or a condition called Myasthenia gravis.
- You have a brain-related disorder such as fits, seizures or memory loss (Dementia), overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or breathing disorders.
- This medicine may affect the results of some tests for allergy or asthma.
- This medicine should not be used or used with caution in the elderly as they have a slow metabolism and bodily functions.
Mode of Action of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Atarax works by blocking the action of a chemical mediator named histamine. Therefore, inhibiting histamine-mediated reactions and reduce the symptoms of allergies.
- Histamine is a chemical mediator that is responsible for allergic reactions. It is normally produced when your body senses something harmful such as infection or foreign particles and results in dry patchy skin, itching, redness and swelling....Read more
Directions for Use of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as advised by your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine for more than the prescribed duration.
Interactions of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Atarax 10mg tablet should not be taken with any medicine with the risk of increased heartbeats or irregular heart rhythm.
- Atarax 10mg tablet should not be used with medicines acting on the brain or used for psychiatric disorders, medicines used for seizures or convulsions, medicines used to control nausea and vomiting, other anti-allergic medicines, anticancer and muscle relaxants....Read more
- Use of medicine like dicyclomine and cyclopentolate can cause blurring of vision, dry mouth, urine retention and constipation if used concomitantly with the Atarax 10mg tablets.
- Cimetidine, a medicine used to reduce stomach acid content should not be taken together as it can increase the concentration of the Atarax 10mg tablet, leading to increased side effects.
- Atarax 10mg tablet could mask the warning signs of ear damage due to certain medicines such as Gentamicin, Tobramycin and Amikacin. Therefore, it should be used cautiously.
- Atarax 10mg tablet should not be taken along with medicine containing adrenaline used during cardiac arrest or other emergency conditions.
Storage and disposal of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The symptoms of an overdose can vary and majorly affects the brain functions and can lead to slowing down or excitation in an individual. Typical side effects of overdosage of the Atarax 10mg tablet include confusion, slurred speech and restlessness, involuntary or slow movements, dry mouth, disturbed vision, fast or pounding heartbeat, difficulty in passing urine and constipation....Read more
- If you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, immediately contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not
take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Atarax 10mg tablet addictive?
A: No, it is not an addictive medicine. However, if you have such tendencies, please inform your doctor before starting the treatment with the Atarax 10mg tablet.
Q: How long should I take the Atarax 10mg tablet?
A: You should complete the course of this medicine for effective control of allergy. Do not take it for a prolonged duration.
Q: Can the Atarax 10 be taken with Cetirizine?
A: No, you should not take these two medicines together as it can lead to increased side effects, especially in the elderly. Both of these medicines are anti-allergic medicines. Cetirizine is one of the active metabolites of Atarax; taking extra Cetirizine can abnormally increase its concentration in the body and increase the side effects.
Q: Is the Atarax 10mg tablet a steroid?
A: No, the Atarax 10mg tablet is not a steroidal medication. It is an anti-allergic medicine.
Q: Can I use the Atarax 10mg tablet for fungal infections?
A: No, the Atarax 10mg tablet is not effective for fungal infections. Please do not use this medicine for any other purpose than what it is prescribed for.
Q: Will taking the Atarax 10mg tablet make me feel sleepy?
A: Yes, the Atarax 10mg tablet may make you feel sleepy, drowsy and dizzy. Take a rest after taking this medicine and avoid driving or performing activities that require mental alertness.
Q: What happens if I unknowingly take more than the prescribed dose of the Atarax 10mg tablets?
A: You should never take more than the recommended dosage as it may be harmful and sometimes even life-threatening. The overdose symptom of the Atarax 10 tablets may be mental confusion, disturbed vision, dry mouth, constipation, difficulty to pass urine, restlessness, fast pounding heartbeats.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 19 Aug 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved