Atarax 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Atarax 10 MG Description
Atarax 10mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine that is used for the management of allergic skin conditions. It contains hydroxyzine as the active ingredient. It works by blocking the action of a sub
stance called histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Thus, hydroxyzine helps in improving symptoms such as itching, swelling, redness, rashes, scaly and patchy skin. The use of this medicine should be done precautiously in elderly patients as the side effects may intensify.
- D Rax 10mg TabletBy D D Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 20.90₹ 20.90₹
- Averzine 10mg Tablets 15'sBy Canixa Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 35.70₹
- Pru 10mg TabletBy Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 37.15₹ 37.15₹
- Hizet 10mg Tablets 15'sBy Talent India15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 28.60₹ 28.60₹
- Hydrax 10 Mg Tablet 15 No'sBy Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.90₹ 42.90₹
- Prugo 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.77₹ 34.65₹
- Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.91₹ 40.72₹
- Hicope 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.80₹ 31.84₹
Uses of Atarax 10 MG
Contraindications of Atarax 10 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxyzine, anti-allergic medicines, or any other ingredients of this tablet.
- If you have irregular heart rhythms and a family history of sudden death due to heart disorder.
- If you have or had cardiovascular disease or your heart rate is very low.
- If you have liver or kidney failure.
- If you have an eye disorder such as narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you have a prostate problem with urine retention problem.
- If you are on any medicine used to treat a brain-related disorder such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors like seleginine, phenelzine.
- If your child is below 12 months of age.
- If you have porphyria (a disease that causes stomach pain, constipation, change in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbing behaviour).
- If you are pregnant, may be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Atarax 10 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Atarax 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart problems such as palpitations or trouble breathing after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney disease or are on dialysis or have a liver function problem.
- You have an enlarged prostate or pain and difficulty in passing urine.
- You have an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have any disease related to the stomach, intestine or have ulcers.
- You have week muscles or a condition called Myasthenia gravis.
- You have a brain-related disorder such as fits, seizures or memory loss (Dementia), overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or breathing disorders.
- This medicine may affect the results of some tests for allergy or asthma.
- This medicine should not be used or used with caution in the elderly as they have a slow metabolism and bodily functions.
Mode of Action of Atarax 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Atarax works by blocking the action of a chemical mediator named histamine. Therefore, inhibiting histamine-mediated reactions and reduce the symptoms of allergies.
- Histamine is a chemical mediator that is responsible for allergic reactions. It is normally produced when your body senses something harmful such as infection or foreign particles and results in dry patchy skin, itching, redness and swelling....
Directions for Use of Atarax 10 MG
- Take this medicine as advised by your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine for more than the prescribed duration.
Interactions of Atarax 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Atarax 10mg tablet should not be taken with any medicine with the risk of increased heartbeats or irregular heart rhythm.
- Atarax 10mg tablet should not be used with medicines acting on the brain or used for psychiatric disorders, medicines used for seizures or convulsions, medicines used to control nausea and vomiting, other anti-allergic medicines, anticancer and muscle relaxants....
- Use of medicine like dicyclomine and cyclopentolate can cause blurring of vision, dry mouth, urine retention and constipation if used concomitantly with the Atarax 10mg tablets.
- Cimetidine, a medicine used to reduce stomach acid content should not be taken together as it can increase the concentration of the Atarax 10mg tablet, leading to increased side effects.
- Atarax 10mg tablet could mask the warning signs of ear damage due to certain medicines such as Gentamicin, Tobramycin and Amikacin. Therefore, it should be used cautiously.
- Atarax 10mg tablet should not be taken along with medicine containing adrenaline used during cardiac arrest or other emergency conditions.
Storage and disposal of Atarax 10 MG
- Store this medicine at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Atarax 10 MG
- The symptoms of an overdose can vary and majorly affects the brain functions and can lead to slowing down or excitation in an individual. Typical side effects of overdosage of the Atarax 10mg tablet include confusion, slurred speech and restlessness, involuntary or slow movements, dry mouth, disturbed vision, fast or pounding heartbeat, difficulty in passing urine and constipation....
- If you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, immediately contact your doctor.