Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
By CIPLA LIMITED
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup is a combination of Ambroxol, Guaifenesin and Levosalbutamol.
Uses of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- To relieve symptoms of asthma attacks like blockage in airways and lungs & bronchitis (infection of airways)
Contraindications of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- As this medicine contains Ambroxol, Guaiphenesin and Terbutaline, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers
- If you are suffering from allergic reactions like rashes and urge to scratch
- If you are suffering from bronchospasm and swelling in throat (Phyranx)
Side effects of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Stomach pain, loose motions, vomiting and nausea
- Infection of airway & lungs, body pain and headache
- Chest pain, fast heart rate, dizziness and breathing problem
- Allergic reactions like rashes, swelling of face, tongue and runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Can I take Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup during pregnancy?
It is not safe to use this medicine during pregnancy & women who are not using proper contraception. The doctor may prescribe this medicine only if it is considered essential.
Can I take Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup while breastfeeding?
These medicines pass into breast milk in very small amounts & it is recommended to avoid this medicine during breastfeeding to avoid any harm to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup?
It does not affect driving ability. However, if you experience any side effects like dizziness, fits & drowsiness, avoid driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup?
You should not consume alcohol along with this medicine as it can lead to drowsiness, dizziness and sensory impairment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are pregnant
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions
- If you have any liver, kidney problems or stomach ulcers
- If you have a history of asthma, fits or overactive thyroid gland
- If you develop a low level of potassium in your blood
Mode of Action of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by thinning, liquefying and loosening the mucus that is blocking the airways so that it can be coughed out easily. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier.
Directions for Use of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
Interactions of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combinationread less
- Medicine used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol can worsen the condition
- Water pill should not be taken along with this medicine. Potassium level should be monitored
- Medicine used for the treatment of heart failure like Digoxin
- Medicines used for the treatment of brain disorders like Clomipramine can worsen the heart-related problems
- Other bronchodilators (like Salmeterol, Formoterol, Albuterol, etc.) and medicines that suppress cough like Dextromethorphan, Hydrocodone, Codeine, Noscapine, etc.) should be used with caution
Storage and disposal of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Overdose of this medicine can lead to serious heart and kidney-related problems. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, increased heart rate or fits, stomach pain and drowsiness. Seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take ((name)) for dry cough?
A: This medicine is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucus (phlegm), increasing airway secretions and relaxing the airways so that the mucus is released, liquefy and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. This medicine alone may not be enough and you require additional medications depending on your condition. Hence, it is best advised to use Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup under medical supervision.
Q: Can Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup be used for children?
A: Yes. Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup can be used in children aged 2-12 years. The conditions for which it can be used and the dosage has to be determined by a physician. It can also be used in children less than 1-2 years, but caution is advised.
Q: Can Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup be used as a painkiller also?
A: Ambroxol has some pain-relieving properties ie by blocking sodium channels and due to its antioxidant properties. It is available as 20% cream in some countries and used for muscle and joint pains. Guaifenesin has muscle relaxant properties and a closely related medicine called mephenesin is used for pain relief in a cream formulation. Levosalbutamol also has muscle relaxant properties (the main function is to relax the smooth muscles of the airways). A physician better decides the dosage and the condition for which it may be used.
- Webmd. Levosalbutamol. [Accessed on 8.Apr.2020] (online)
- Drugs.com. Ambroxol. [Accessed on 8.Apr.2020] (online)
- Webmd. Guaifenesin.[Accessed on 8.Apr.2020] (online)
- USFDA. Xopenex HFA. [Accessed on 8.Apr.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin.[Accessed on 8.Apr.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Ambroxol/ Levosalbutamol /Guiphenesin. [Accessed on 8.Apr.2020] (online)
- DUCOF-LS Syrup PI. [Accessed on 8.Apr.2020] (online)
Other Variants for
Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Asthalin 100 Mcg Inhaler
- Asthalin 200 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
- Asthalin 200 Mcg Bottle Of 60 Rotacaps
- Asthalin Respules 2 5 Ml 1 5
- Asthalin 4 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Asthalin 2 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Asthalin Syp 100 Ml
- Asthalin Respirator Solu 15 Ml
- Asthalin Expectorant Plus Strawberry And Raspberry Flavour Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Asthalin 4 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Asthalin 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Asthalin Ecopack 100 Mcg Inhaler
- Asthalin Exp
Last Updated on: 15 Dec 2020 | 08:19 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved