Albrim Ls Eye Drops
Albrim Ls Eye Drops Description
Albrim Lst Eye Drop is use to lower the pressure built within the eye (ocular hypertension) and chronic glaucoma. It contains a combination of brominidine and timolol as active ingredient. Albrim Lst
works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (fluid-filled in the eye) which further lowers the eye pressure. It should not be used in children below 2-years of age. Albrim Lst Eye Drop should be used externally only. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the drops per with your eye. Inform your doctor if you have a heart or respiratory condition and are on other medications as well.
Uses of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
Contraindications of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to timolol, brimonidine or any other component of Albrim Lst Eye Drop.
- If you have a history of bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder including heart failure.
- If you have any psychiatric disease and are on medicine such as rasagiline, selegiline, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, desipramine and mianserin.
Side effects of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
- Burning sensation
- Pain, discharge, dryness, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye
- Low mood
- Dry mouth
- Swelling and itching of the eyelid
Precautions and Warnings of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid) disease or condition.
- You experience loss of vision or dryness of the eye.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Albrim Lst Eye Drop should not be used in children below 2-years of age.
Mode of Action of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- Albrim Lst Eye Drop contains Timolol and Brimonidine. They work by decreasing the raised intraocular (inside the eye).
- Brimonidine has the dual action of reducing the aqueous humour fluid (fluid in the front part of the eye) production and increasing the outflow of aqueous fluid.
- Timolol acts by decreasing the aqueous humour production, lowering the build fluid pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the drops per. Keep the drops per clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops s recommended.
Interactions of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Albrim Lst Eye Drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Effect of Albrim Lst Eye Drop may be increased with medicine used to calm the central nervous system such as morphine, zolpidem and lidocaine.
- Effect of Albrim Lst Eye Drop may be increased with medicine such as diltiazem, verapamil, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis, guanethidine used for heart conditions.
- Concomitant use of Albrim Lst Eye Drop with medicine used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Albrim Lst Eye Drop may increase the effect of blood sugar-lowering medicine such as metformin, insulin and may hide the symptoms of lower blood sugar.
- Concomitant use of Albrim Lst Eye Drop with iodine contrast medium or intravenous lidocaine should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
- Store it at a temperature not exceeding 15°C - 25°C.
- Protect it from freezing.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if it contains particles.
Dosage of Albrim Ls Eye Drops
- As Albrim Lst Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.