Vicks Cough Drops Jar Of 190
Vicks Cough Drops are the best-marketed cough suppressants or oral anaesthetics that take care of stray coughs before they develop into a sore throat. They taste delicious and come in three flavours - menthol, ginger and honey. A jar of 190 Vicks Cough Drops retails around ₹174.
- Vicks Cough Drops give a cooling after taste and soothing irritations in the throat.
- It expands the air column such that patients suffering from Bronchitis, asthma or other respiratory issues can breathe easy post its consumption.
Vicks Cough Drops are composed of natural ingredients like:
- Pudinah Ke Phool
- Nilgiri Tel
- Ajwain Ke Phool
- Flavoured Sugar
- Vicks Cough Drops help in healing the tingling sensation below coughs.
- It suppresses the impulse to break into a cough.
- It cures nagging coughs caused due to inhalation of irritants.
- Vicks Cough Drops come with the cooling respite of Vicks Vapor.
- It can be carried in a pocket and used whenever required.
How to Use
Vicks Cough Drops must be consumed as directed by the physician. A patient can consume one Cough Drop at an interval of 2 hours till the discomfort subsides.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Store it in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not refrigerate.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Do not consume for more than 2 days at a stretch.
Q1. Can people with diabetes use Vicks Cough Drops?
Ans: Vicks Cough Drops must be consumed with caution by diabetic patients since they have high sugar content. Sugar-free variants of Vicks are available in the market. But consuming too many Vicks products can lead to diarrhoea.
Q2. Can children have Vicks Cough Drops?
Ans: Adults and children above 5 years of age can consume prescribed quantities of Vicks Cough Drops. For children between the age of 2 to 5 years, a paediatrician must be consulted before administering the product. It should not be given to children below 2 years by any means.
Q3. Can Vicks Cough drops cure smoking cough?
Ans: Coughs due to excessive smoking are caused by phlegm in the lungs. Vicks Cough Drops might subside the irritation temporarily. However, long term use is not advisable. A doctor must be consulted to treat such coughs.
Q4. Does Vicks Cough Drops lead to an increase in weight?
Ans: Each Cough Drop contains about 10 calories. They do not lead to significant weight gain. However, extended use or overuse might cause such side effects.
Q5. Is Vicks Cough Drop addictive?
Ans: Vicks Cough Drops are not addictive because they contain diluted menthol. Pure menthol on the other hand is highly addictive.