OTRIVIN S NEBULISER NASAL SPRAY. Otrivin (Xylometazoline hydrochloride) 0.1% Nasal Spray Nebuliser 10 ml solution. Adults' formula (For adults and children over 6 years). For the treatment of colds. Decongestant of the nasal mucosan. Local vasoconstrictor for nasal decongestion. Colds of various types. - To aid drainage of secretions in affections of the paranasal sinuses. - In otitis media, as an adjuvant to decongest the nasopharyngeal mucosa. - To facilitate rhinoscopy.
- Do not use the nebuliser for infants and children.
- For adults and children over 7 years
- For children: 1-2 sprays in each nostril, up to 3 times a day.
- For adults: 1-2 sprays in each nostril, 3 to 4 times a day.
- Once the pack has been opened, the contents should be used for 1 month only.
- Contra-indications: Like other vasoconstrictors, Otrivin should not be employed in status post transsphenoidal hypophysectomy (or after transnasal or transoral surgical interventions in which the dura mater has been exposed), nor should it be used by patients known to be hypersensitive to substances contained in it.
- Otrivin, like all other preparations belonging to the same class of active substances, should be used only with caution in patients showing a strong reaction to sympathomimetic agents, as evidenced by signs of insomnia, dizziness, etc. As in the case of other local vasoconstrictors. Otrivin should not be employed uninterruptedly over prolonged periods, e.g. in chronic colds. - Do not use for more than 5 days to avoid congestion.
- Pregnancy / Lactation: - Pregnancy category C. - In view of this vasoconstricting properties women should take care not to use Otrivin during pregnancy. - During lactation Otrivin should only be used under medical supervision.
- Not to be taken by mouth.
- Dryness inside the nose
- Nasal allergies, nasal irritation
- Upper airway cough syndrome
- Nasal congestion