In our country, there is lack of transparent, authentic platform where patients or their families can get medicine-related information they are seeking. The time that a patient spends in a doctor’s cabin is very limited. There exist several doubts, apprehensions, queries about the medicines he/ she is prescribed like:
– Should I take this medicine with food or empty stomach?
– What are the side effects of this medicine?
– I am breastfeeding, will this medicine affect my breastfed baby?
Our goal is to provide medically, scientifically correct, authentic medicine-related information in an easy to understand language. One may ask why one needs to read up about the medicines he/ she is taking? Here are a few examples:
Did you know?
- That acidity medicines like pantoprazole by all of us can cause a drop in our vitamin B12, magnesium levels and increase risk of fractures on long term use.
2. Common antibiotics like levofloxacin should not be given to kids as they are known to cause tendon rupture.
3. Diabetes medicine pioglitazone should never be taken by someone who has a history of bladder cancer.
The field of medical science is very dynamic and new side-effects, precautions keep getting added or amended quite often. We ensure that our medicine related content is in tandem with these latest updates and written, reviewed by qualified doctors.
It’s said “ Knowledge is power”, however, we believe “Applied knowledge is power”. Here we are imparting knowledge to our patients, so that they can apply the same in their lives, have better awareness, compliance with medicines and a good quality of life.