We are on the verge of a new unlock. For the last few months, all states of India have been in varying degrees of lockdown in a bid to contain the spread of the devastating Delta COVID variant.
In the next few weeks, the restrictions may be lifted and once again we will be able to resume certain activities that were part of our lives during the pre-COVID days.
While the new unlock will definitely be an economic boon for lakhs of people, it also holds the potential to send us spiralling back into another COVID health crisis.
Unlock is not an invitation to be hedonistic
With the unlocking approaching, many people have already started making holiday plans. It is understandable why they would want a vacation but it is foolhardy to immediately rush to the hills or the seaside.
If thousands of people have decided to take a trip, it is quite likely that all the popular vacation spots would be teeming with people. Crowds are still dangerous and must be avoided at all costs.
Why are crowds dangerous?
For starters, the entire Indian population has not yet been vaccinated. You may have received one or even two doses of the vaccine or recovered from it but you can still be a carrier of COVID. It may not affect you that bad but you can pass it on to others.
Similarly, there is insufficient data on how long the vaccines are effective. We also don’t know exactly how long COVID antibodies produced when one is diagnosed with COVID and last in their bloodstream.
At this time, any carelessness can put you, your loved ones and countless other people at risk.
New variants on the rise
After the Delta variant wreaked havoc in India, we have already heard of two new variants.
The Delta Plus variant has already been detected in India. Some scientists are of the opinion it may trigger the third wave.
Another variant that experts are monitoring is the Lambda variant. It hasn’t yet made its way to India but with the resumption of flights, it might reach Indian shores.
The delta variant is by far the most dangerous COVID mutation. There are no unanimous opinions on how effective our vaccines are against it.
It is not yet time for us to celebrate because COVID has not yet been conquered. According to some reports, the third COVID wave may arrive around November 2021. That means we cannot throw caution to the wind.
Here are a few safety measures to keep yourself and the country free from the clutches of COVID:
- Wear your mask when you step out.
- Sanitize your hands frequently.
- Do not touch your face, especially the nose, eyes or mouth when you are outside.
- Wash your hands before you eat anything.
- Wash your clothes when you return home.
- Use disinfecting sprays on your bags and shoes.
- Get vaccinated as soon as you can.
- Avoid gatherings of any kind instead plan Virtual meets.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated to keep your immunity intact.
- Take care of your mental health by meditation and mindfulness.
- Boost your immunity and keep an eye on your overall health. Book Advanced full body check-ups with COVID Antibody health check-up packages right now.
- Book an RT PCR if you have to travel for work or if you think you are showing COVID symptoms.
The threat is far from gone. We cannot yet resume the lifestyle we were used to before COVID struck. Only through unity and the COVID protocol can we finally banish COVID for good.
Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.